[luz] Memories

[A/n: This was inspired by a random story I heard on the radio.]

≫────··•••··────≪
(Y/n) = your name
(U/n) = utaite name
≫────··•••··────≪

"Famous utaite (U/n) got into an accident last night."

"Doctor assured everyone that (U/n) is now in a stable condition."

"Police are now tracking the driver."

"It appears that the driver was drunk when that happened."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Your attention switched to the man in front of you. He was holding the remote control and pushed the power button to shut the television.

"Hey, (Y/n)," he greeted.

You ignored him. You flipped the page of the book that you were reading just a while ago before your attention focused on the TV.

"Are you not going to answer me?"

He grabbed the book and easily pulled it out from your hold.

You gave him an uneasy look.

"I-I'm sorry to ask, but... who are you?"

The man showed pain when he heard your words.

You asked, "Do I know you?"

He smiled bitterly.

"I'm luz." He turned his back on you. "And, yes. We know each other for a long time already..."

You looked down. You felt bad for asking that. "Oh, I'm sorry. I... I didn't... I can't remember anything." You massaged your injured head.

He approached you and grabbed your wrist, stopping it from touching your head.

"It's alright, (Y/n). It's alright."

He sat down on a chair beside your bed and took an orange out of the plastic bag he bought.

He started peeling it and gave it to you afterward.

"Here."

You accepted it. "Thank you... luz-san."

You looked at him, waiting for any reaction. But he just stared at the orange. His eyes were a little glossy.

"And I'm sorry again," you whispered before shifting your attention to the food in hand.

He stood up and faced the ceiling. "I-It's fine. It's not your fault anyway. Don't let it bother you."