[Root] The Parade is Here

[A/n: Ever wondered why I never make a oneshot for Root even though he's my favourite?
...
I'm also asking myself the same question www!]

≫────··•••··────≪
(Y/n) = your name
(F/n) = friend's name
(M/n) = random male's name
≫────··•••··────≪

"Target spotted!" You narrowed your eyes into slits as you observed the girl sitting on one of the tables in the café.

"Uh... (Y/n)?" The male beside you called.

"What is it, Root?"

He pointed at the people in front of you two.

"The line is getting longer. You should get their orders now."

"Oh, right. I was just about to say that." But before facing the next customer, you leaned to Root and whispered, "Go get her orders, okay?"

He scratched the back of his head before nodding at you.

You smiled at him and pumped your fist in the air. "Go for it!"

While getting for their orders, you kept on glancing at the male as he approached the girl that he told you he had a crush on.

You can see his hands shake as he took out the small notepad and scribbled her orders.

After that, Root shuffled towards you.

"So? How did it go?" You asked without looking at him.

"I-It's fine, I guess..." He trailed off. "A-Anyway, just continue your work."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

On the way home, you asked him, "You think she'll accept your request to be her partner on the parade?"

He stopped for a bit but answered back once he snapped out of his thoughts. "I don't know..."

"What? Why?" You looked at him, but he kept on avoiding your gaze. "Maybe you should tell it to her face to face."

"Wh-What?"

You chuckled. "You know, why you keep on approaching her. Because you want her to be your partner, right?"

"I don't think that'll work." He sighed.

"Why not?"

"We already tried that, but it ended up with her helping me because I tripped." He covered his face as that unpleasant memory hit him. "It was so embarrassing that I just want to lock myself up and rot alone..."

You let out a burst of nervous laughter. "H-Hey, don't say that." You then placed your index finger on your chin as you think for another plan. You were about to say something when he spoke up first.

"(Y/n), I was thinking of... giving up."

His words shocked you. "Wait. WHAT?!"