Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Chris' POV
"Come on Fortune.",I said beckoning him to come inside the house. He obeyed and trotted inside.
"Chris, can I have some chocolate milk?",Tyson asked walking towards me.
"Little Man whatchu doing up? You supposed to be asleep."
"But I couldn't sleep."
"Aight come on then."I walked into the kitchen and headed over to the fridge. I brought out the carton of chocolate milk and a cup and poured him in some. I headed it over to him and he just stared at it.
"Well whatchu waitin for? Drink it."I said.
"I can't."he answered.
"Why not?"
"It's cold. Mama said not to drink cold milk at night."
I sighed and placed the cup in the microwave for twenty seconds until it nice and warm. I brought it out and handed it over to him and he didn't take it.
"It's not hot enough Chris. Put it in longer."
I huffed my breath trying not to let my annoyance show on my face. I put the cup back in the microwave for twenty more seconds then brought it out and handed it over to him.
He stared down at the cup and the steam from the hot milk was streaming from the cup. "Can I have some marshmallows?"
I chuckled,"It's May and you over here drinking hot coco." I walked into the pantry and brought out the bag of mini marshmallows and placed a few in his cup,"Now drink that and go to bed."
He pressed the cup to his lips and took a sip of it then set it on the counter and said,"I don't want it anymore. Goodnight Chris." he said and walked back over to his room.
I shook my head and mumbled,"This kid just wasted a full glass o-"
"Chris!",Mariah called from upstairs.
"What!"I called back.
"Can you bring me some hot coco!"
I shrugged my shoulders and grabbed the coco Tyson just wasted. Same thing. Like mother like son. I took it upstairs to our room and saw her sitting Indian style in the middle of the bed in her pajamas. She had all this food right beside her too. Ice cream, Cheetos, Pringles, just about the food that's supposed to be in the kitchen.
I handed her the cup of coco and she gave me a strange look,"That was fast."
"What can I say, I'm Breezy",I smiled.
"This was Tyson's right?"
"Shut up and drink your damn coco Mariah."I sat down beside her.
She laughed,"You're crazy."
"Whatchu doing?"
"Watching Basketball Wives."she motioned towards the tv.
"Oh, so today was good on Ellen don't you think?"
"Yeah, it was fun. Shouldn't you be getting ready for bed?"
I scratched the back of my neck and said,"Actually, I'm going out with the guys."
"No, you're not."she stated.
I furrowed my eyebrows,"No offense Mariah, but I wasn't asking for your permission."
"Well that was your first mistake, but just so we're clear you're not leaving this house."
I stood up from the bed,"Well you trippin because I'm out in like twenty minutes and I really don't give a fuck whether you want me to stay or not. I'm a grown ass man."
She looked up at me and glared,"I swear to God Chris if you walk up outta this house I-"
"You'll what? You ain't gon do shit Mariah. Just eat your damn Cheetos and don't bother waiting up for me, I'll be coming in late." I said walking over to the walk-in closet to change my clothes.
Why is she even trippin? It's not like she doesn't know who I'm out with. Wait. That shit shouldn't even matter. Like I said, I'm a grown ass man and I don't need my wife telling me where I can and can't go. Simple. Now fuck that shit.
I placed my watch and chains on my body and sprayed on some cologne. Mariah was shooting daggers at me with her eyes but I paid no attention to them. She needs to know that I am the man of this house. I do whatever the fuck I want and that ain't changing.

August's POV
"And then he just left!",Mariah cried through the phone.
"Nah, that ain't right. He ain't supposed to just leave you like that."I said softly.
"A-am I b-being unreasonable?"
"Well....no. Actually you're not but I think you guys should just sit down and talk things out."
"I'm not even gonna look at him when he comes back in. He should be making smart decisions now more than ever instead of acting like he's 18 again."
I chuckled,"You want me to say something to him? I'm about to head out over to the spot."
"That would be great. Thanks August."
"No problem."
"Who are you talking to?",Cassandra asked eagerly.
"Mariah. Why?"
She rolled her eyes and mouthed,"Hang up the phone."
I furrowed my eyebrows and said into the phone,"I'll talk to you tomorrow aight?"
"Okay."she sniffed and hung up.
I placed my phone in my pocket and asked,"What was that all about?"
"Are you sleeping with her?"Casandra asked.
"What?" I nearly choked.
"Wait, I keep forgetting she's pregnant. Have you ever slept with her? Be honest August."
"No! I've never even looked at her that way. Is that what you think Cassie? That I'm sleeping with her?"
"I don't know what to think anymore! You're always talking to her, taking he rout places, going over to her house-"
"Because she's like my best friend!"
"Yeah, when you guys were kids. And now you're adults and I think your relationship with her is a bit inappropriate don't you?"
I put my hand up and said,"I can't believe I'm hearing this shit. I'm leaving now. Bye."I said and grabbed my keys and left the house.

Chris' POV
Bounce that ass shake that ass like the twerk team
Hair long ass fat shawty mean
That girl look like Hally Berry when I'm on no means
When I hit the scene girls yelling and they scream
Flocka can you be my baby daddy pimpin like I'm dolemite hoes jump in my caddy.
Smoke like I got cataracts
In the strip club throwin up them stacks
I got racks on top of racks, bust that pussy make that ass
Clap clap clap
I downed another sip from my bottle of Greygoose and danced to the music playing through the club. It's always fun hangin out with Mike, Trey, and August. It's almost like we live similar lives so we get along just fine.
The music was bangin and females were twerking like hell. A few them saw me on the upper level of the club in the V.I.P section and flashed me their titties. I smiled down at them and raised my bottle in the air.
I went over to August who was closest to me and slurred,"Man, this club is the sh-shit!"
He took a sip from his cup and nodded,"I know dats right."
"Aye why you ain't drinkin from a bottle? Want one?"
"Nah, I'm cool. Aye Chris can I tell you something?"
I nodded and took another sip and waited to hear what he had to say.
"I don't mean to be all up in your business but you know Mariah is my friend and she said y'all been having problems an-"
"Nigga we ain't having no problems. We good aight?"
"I know but she just wanted me to tell you that she wants you two to talk things out."
I took a step back and examined this nigga up and down. "And who the fuck are you to tell me what I should d-do with my wife!"
He raised an eyebrow in confusion. We are the same height so we stared at each other eye to eye. I nodded my head and stepped close to his face,"Yeah. What I say or do with my wife don't involve you son."
He moved his face to the side and warned,"Aye watch out now Chris. You know I ain't got nothing but love for you bruh but you gon have to back the fuck up outta my face. Real talk."
"Or what?"I provoked. This nigga ain't finna do shit.
Mike and Trey saw what was going on and stepped between us and pulled us apart. Mike said,"Calm down Chris."
"No, what the FUCK you gon do Alsina? Shoot me? I'm Breezy and I'm the motherfucking king ya heard?"
He swears up and down that he's a real thug. Nah, fuck that shit. I'm a thug. A real one too. I ain't got time to deal with fuck niggas like him.
"They can't save you in the streets bruh!"August yelled as Trey pulled him outside the club. "They can't save you!"
Am I supposed to be scared? Well I ain't. This nigga tried to step to me on how to handle my wife. MY wife! I know that's Mariah's friend, but he gon need to learn some boundaries. Matter fact I just need to keep my eyes wide open, but I'mma start tomorrow so I can finish up this damn bottle of Greygoose. I tipped back my head and let the burning sensation fill my throat as I downed another sip. Cheers motherfuckers!