Chapter Seventeen

Mariah's POV
Chris and I walked into Tyson's room while he was still asleep. I held a gift bag and Chris carried the chocolate cake with the number five shaped candle lit. Today my baby turned five!
I sat on the edge of his bed and whispered,"Tyson. Wake up baby."
"Mom?",he slowly fluttered his eyes open.
"Happy birthday!",Chris and I exclaimed at the same time.
Tyson sat up and held a big smile on his face. I leaned over and planted a kiss on his forehead then handed him the gift from both Chris and I. He tore it right open and his entire face lit up. "Wow, you guys got me a Nerf Gun? I always wanted one of these!"
Chris chuckled,"That's not all, go look inside your closet."
Tyson jumped out of his bed and raced over to his walk- in closet and yanked the door open and excitedly pulled out the new red and black bike Chris bought for him. He leaned the bike against the wall and ran over to me and Chris and gave us each a hug and said,"Thanks mom, thanks dad."
There's that word again. Dad. I don't know how I feel about Tyson calling Chris his dad. I guess it kind of makes me feel uncomfortable, like Tyson might forget who his real dad is. Of course Chris has told me he wants to legally adopt Tyson as his own child and even though that sounds great, I'm a bit on the fence about it.
"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Tyson! Happy birthday to yoooooouu!",we sang.
"Come blow out your candle!",I told him.
He inhaled and blew out the candle with everything he had. "Alright, go get ready, then come downstairs for breakfast and then after that we'll go out somewhere fun."
"Like Disneyland?",he smirked.
I laughed,"Get outta here boy. You just went there last year."
He giggled and walked into the bathroom. Chris nodded towards me and said,"Aight let's take this cake downstairs."
I followed behind him down the stairs and said,"You just better not eat it. I know how you do Chris."
We walked into the kitchen and Chris set the cake down on the counter and he stepped in close to my face and bit down on his bottom lip and pulled me by my waist,"Fine. Besides, I don't want this cake. I want yours."
I giggled and shook my head. I planted a peck on his lips then said,"Just two more days Chris."
"What's the difference? You look hot! Sexy. So. Damn. Pretty.",he kissed my neck and my shoulder with every word he said.
I had to walk away from him because having his lips pressed against my skin started making it it difficult for me to stand my grounds. He knew he was wearing me down because he flashed a smile and took a step forward in my direction.
"Stop. Please!",I begged.
He chuckled and asked,"What am I doing?"
"You know what you're doing. Baby just please wait until Saturday, that way I can give it to you all night."
"All night?",he raised an eyebrow.
"Yes."
"Aight, just remember what you said. All night."
The doorbell rang and I headed over to the front door to answer it. I opened up the door and saw Rodney and his tramp of a wife Christina standing there. I crinkled my nose at the sight of those two and rolled my eyes. Honestly, I don't think there's a single positive thing I can say about either one of these two.
Rodney, a.k.a Tyson's real father, is the bastard that got me knocked up in college, convinced me to drop out of college, cheated on me while I was at his house pregnant with his child, and literally fought me on a day-to-day basis while I was pregnant. It doesn't end right there though. He tried to fight Chris once and he tried to gain full custody of Tyson but thank God he lost.
As for Christina, I've hated this bitch since before I even laid eyes on her. She's the one who Rodney was cheating on me with when I was still with Rodney. Her and I have never seen eye to eye on anything and to me, she's just a sad excuse of a woman.
Rodney cleared his thought and asked in an annoyed tone,"Well aren't you gonna let us in?"
"Yeah, it's fucking hot as hell out here.",Christina chimed in.
"You can come in, but that kind of language stays outside. You understand?",I asked.
"Yeah, we get it."Rodney answered as I let them inside the house. I led them over to the living room to where Chris was holding Faith and trying to get her to stop crying.
Chris looked up and gave me a strange look once he saw who was in our house. I gave him a quick shrug and turned over to Rodney,"So what's up?"
"We came by to take Tyson out for his birthday, as we do every year.", he answered.
I sighed,"But you know you're supposed to call first."
"I don't have to do a got damn thing Mariah. Court orders or not, Tyson is my son and I'm taking him out today."
"But we were go-"I started.
"I barely get to see my son as it is and nobody is gonna take him away from me. Not even you."
Chris opened his mouth to speak but stopped once Tyson ran over to Rodney and jumped on him screaming,"Dad!"
Rodney picked him up and said,"Aye what's up boy!"
"Nothing. It's my birthday."Tyson smiled.
"I know. Me and Christie are gonna take you out for some fun today. How does that sound?"
"Really?"
"Yep."
Tyson turned turned over to me and asked,"Mom, can I go?"
The look in his eyes told me how desperately he wanted to go out with Rodney. And Rodney, is half right. I can't keep him away from his son. After all, it is Tyson's birthday. I nodded and Tyson flashed me a smile.
They started walking towards the front door to leave and I said to Rodney,"And you better have him home no later than six thirty. You hear me?"
"Yes, we ALL hear you."Christina rolled her eyes and shut the front door behind her.
Those two better act right or else it'll be a long ass time before I let Tyson go anywhere with them.
I walked over to Chris and he was sitting on the couch with Faith on his lap and those two were just watching Sports Center. I plopped down beside them and said,"Well now all my plans for today are ruined."
"Why don't you call up one of your girl friends or something?",he said.
"Really? You wouldn't mind watching Faith today?"
He shrugged,"It ain't like she does anything except eat, fart, and sleep. That's basically all I do."
I laughed,"Okay, but I'll make it up to you soon enough."
I got up off the couch and grabbed my phone from the table and dialed Chyna's number.
"Hello?",she answered.
"Hey, are you busy right now?"
"Nope. What's up?"
"You wanna go somewhere with me?"
"Sure, where are we going?"
"Victoria's Secret."
"Are you buying stuff for your 'big night' with Chris on Saturday?",she laughed.
"Yes. Now meet me there in ten minutes."I urged.
"Alright boo."she hung up.
I ran upstairs and grabbed my purse then ran back downstairs and gave Chris and Faith each a kiss goodbye and left for Victoria's Secret.

Chyna's POV
"This one's cute.",I said to Mariah as I held up a red laced lingerie.
"Ugh, no. Definitely not my color.",she answered.
"Girl, we been here for almost an hour and you still ain't picked nothing."
"I'm sorry. I just have to make sure everything is perfect. If I'm making him wait, he'll be expecting a show."
"Well why just stop at wearing a lingerie, why don't you do a dance with a pole too."
"You know, now that you mention it, we did talk about getting a pole for our bedroom. But that was a long time ago."
"How long?"
"I...I think it was at your bachelorette party. You remember, when our party was at the same strip club as the guys?"
"Oh, don't remind me!"
We both laughed.
"Okay, but if I do get the pole, there's still one problem."she said.
"What's that?"
"I don't know how to pole dance."
I gave her the dumbest look possible. This bitch....
"What?",she shrugged.
"Bitch, I used to BE a stripper!",I said.
"Oh yeah! Would you help me?"
"Of course." I said just as my phone began to ring. I glanced down at the screen and rolled my eyes then without answering the call, I shoved it back in my pocket.
"Who was that?"Mariah asked.
"Cassandra's annoying ass. She is ALWAYS calling me, texting me, tweeting me, all that shit. I swear, it's like she's a fucking stalker."
"Ah, come on. I'm sure it's not as bad as you're making it seem."
"Lemme show you what she sent on my way over here."I said showing her all the texts Cassandra sent.

Mariah handed me back my phone with her eyes wide open,"Damn. What is her problem?"
"I don't even know!"I shook my head.
"At first I thought it was just her tryna get to know me but the bitch is consistent and it's getting on my fucking nerves."
"Well, what are you gonna do?"
"I'mma tell the bitch to lay the fuck off. And something just don't feel right with her around."
"What do you mean?"
I shrug,"Maybe it's just a feeling, but I can't definitely tell something just ain't right with that girl. So anyways, let's change the subject. You talk to Taylor lately?"
"Yeah, her household is upside down and as much as I'm tryna to be there for her, she's putting me in an awkward position by not telling Chris. He knows something is wrong, but he doesn't know what it is.",Mariah said.
"But you know why right? If Chris finds out, he will literally KILL Trey, with his bare hands. That's his baby sister we're talking about here."
"I know, I know. She kicked him out of the house the other day. What I'm amazed at, is how they managed to keep this from Mama J."
"She'll have a heart attack if she finds out."
"This whole thing is just really scary to me. I remember when I kept thinking that Taylor and Trey had the best marriage I've ever seen and now it's falling to pieces. It makes me wonder if that could ever happen to me."
"Chris ain't stupid, well most of the time he ain't. Those two need to just try and work it out or else they are just gonna mess up Camille's life. I've seen that happen too many times. She's old enough to know what's going on with her parents."I said.
"True."Mariah added as she rifled through the racks of push up bras.
"Hey girls!"someone said from behind us.
I turned around and my face dropped. Now how in the world did this bitch find us? Mariah was snickering to herself then said,"Hey Cass. What are you doing here?"
"Nothing really, I was looking for some new underwear. What about you guys?",she smiled.
I forced a half smile at her and said,"We were just looking around but we're about to leave now."
"We are?",Mariah asked.
"Yes. We are. You found what you were looking for right?"
"I guess."Mariah responded and started walking towards the check out counter with the lingerie she had in her hands. Her ass was walking so damn slow and I just wanted to get the hell outta here because Cassandra is really scaring the shit out of me with her psychotic ass.
"Great, then how about we go get our nails done or something?"Cassandra suggested.
"Uh, we can't. Michael just called me and said King was throwing up. So, I need to head home."I lied. Mariah paid for her items and we started to rush out of the store to our cars.
"Alright. Well call me!",Cassandra called out.
Pssh, as if bitch!