Chapter Thirty Seven

Chris' POV
"Mariah, was that really necessary?",I sighed as I plopped down on the couch beside her with Faith in my arms.
"What?",she questioned as she stuffed grapes in her mouth.
"Don't you 'what' me, you know what the fuck I'm talkin about."
"What Chris!"
"That was Draya who I just spoke to on the phone. She said yo and Taylor were just there."
She widened her eyes and stuff more grapes in her mouth.
I snatched two from her bowl before she had a chance to protest,"Yeah, you know what I mean. Why did you go over there to start a fight? I told your ass to let that go."
She took Faith from my grip and said,"I tried to let it go but when my BOSS who I consider a good friend of mine, tries to get with my husband that's when I snapped."
I kissed my teeth and shook my head,"So who won?"
She furrowed her eyebrows,"Boy do you SEE a scratch on me? I got her two good times then quit. Taylor too."
She headed towards the kitchen and I followed close behind,"I don't want you fighting so next time you let that shit go like I tell you."
"Next time? There BETTER not be a next time or she will have hell to pay.",she set her bowl in the sink then started to walk out of the kitchen.
"I'm serious Mariah.",I grabbed her arm.
She sighed,"Fine. No more fighting crazy bitches."
I smirked and pulled her close to me for peck on her soft lips. She pulled back and touch my cheek and smiled,"I like you with more facial hair like this. It's sexy."
"Well in that case I ain't shavin no more.",I said huskily.
"Babe, I was thinking, we haven't really gotten to see all our friends lately. Everyone has been so busy so we should have a little get together. No big just our closest friends. What do you think?"
"Great idea set it up. I gotta head to the office so I'll see ya later baby.",I leaned in and planted a kiss on her cheek and left the house.
I hopped in the Range and drove over to my office. MY office. I like the sound of that. It's been a crazy year for me and my family. Mariah and I had tied the knot and she gave birth to my first child Faith Aaliyah Brown. Then I got dropped from my label and started my own from the ground up with the help of my lovely wife.
After getting fired, your only thought is to find a way to support your growing family (Mariah and I are gonna get started on that whether she likes it or not) in anyway that you can. I had my doubts about everything but with the grace of god, he found a way for me in a way I didn't think was possible.
Since that time when Mariah and I were going through our "break up" back when she was pregnant, we haven't had the time to start going to church like I had originally planned so best believe we going Bright and early sunday morning. I want my kids growing up to know who was lookin out for their daddy since day one.
In about a month I'll be turning 26 and I'm slowly realizing that all the shit I did back in my younger days was straight up childish. For instance, look at that fuck ass nigga August. His ass is like 22 and is out there tryna destroy households and shit meanwhile he couldn't even control his own. No disrespect to the dead, but Cassandra was just a wild female who was also tryna wreck households. Now, I could easily catch a flight to New York and pay August a little visit so I could teach him a lesson about boundaries, but what the fcuk would that prove? Whether he was wrong or not, the media would just make me the monster and that's not the image I wanna have for my kids.
It's all about growing up and realizing that some people just ain't worth your time. Don't get it twisted though, if a nigga came back and tried some more shit I won't hesitate to beat that nigga to a pulp. Don't fuck with me. Point blank period.

Mariah's POV
*The Next Day*
"Mariah, come here!",Chris called from the living room where our friends were.
"Just a second baby.",I responded. I pulled the mac and cheese out of the oven then I went over.
"Whats goin on?"
"Listen to Mike.",he chuckled.
I turned over to Michael and he smiled,"I don't know why Chris is makin a big deal about this, I just told him I wanna sign to his label."
"Are you serious!",I exclaimed. "Michael stop playing!"
We all laughed.
"That's great Michael. What happened to Cash Money?"
He rolled his eyes,"Man, that label is fucked up. All this shit is happening like they been holding my album for the longest and they wont let me release it and I know Wayne's having problems with his album too so I'm tryna dip. And what better label than the one owned by my brother?"
Chris held his fist out and dapped Mike. It's so cute because these two are as tight as brothers can be, blood wouldn't make them any closer than they already are.
"Well I guess now would be a good time to say the food is ready so if you all could just make your way to th-",I started to say but they all ran up towards the food before I could finish talking.
I laughed and shook my head. I love them all, I couldn't have asked for a better group of friends.

August's POV
Some people might say I ran away, and others might not have given a fuck whether I stayed in Cali or left. Let's set the record straight, no one chased me away. I went to New York to find a label that would respect my musical choices and share a common vision so that I can be successful. Life is about making sacrifices and I thank god for helping me choose the right one. Because of him , I was able to create my first album and shit went #1 for weeks!
I called it Testimony because I want people to know about the shit I went through and why I do what I do. You may not understand it, you may not respect it, shit, you may not even like it, but the fact of the matter is I made something of myself and I know my older brother is smiling down at me in heaven.
I always say I don't live life with regrets but I do have one. My one regret is dropping such a bomb on Mariah over the phone a few months ago. Because of that, she no longer answers my calls or anything. I went too far this time and not only did it cost me my friendship with Mariah but also the friendship I had amended with Chris at his label's grand opening.
It's a blessing being able to share my music with the world and tell my story but now it just means you can't be the regular person you were before you had the fame. Niggas is always watching, waiting for me to fuck up and I can't let shit like that effect me when I'm still so new to the game. I learned how badly shit can effect just by watching what happened to Chris in '09.
So with that being said, I need to focus on my music, my family, and myself. As long as I have those three things in order, nothing else matters.

Chyna's POV
I've kept a sort of low profile for awhile now. At this point in my man's career while he's switching labels, I know that he's gonna need me now more than ever so I have to hold things down for him. These are just the simple things that come with being married to someone in the music industry, they need all the support they can get when times get rough but I know all that wont last. Michael's going to Chris' label and that's where I think is best. At CBE he'll be working alongside his best friend and still be able to get his shit done. HIS way.
While holding things down for my man, it also gives me more time to think about my life. Lately, I've been thinking about having another child and Michael supports me my decision so I stopped taking my birth control pills last month. I know it takes a moment to get pregnant but with the way me and Michael have been fucking there's no reason as to why I'm not pregnant. I scheduled a doctor's appointment and I had to beg Michael to come along so that he could get checked out too.
After a long series of multiple tests, the doctor finally came back into our hospital room with his clipboard and I couldn't read his face to tell if he had good or bad news for us. I squeezed Michael's hand tightly as I awaited our fate.
The doctor cleared his throat and stated,"After all those tests I took, I finally figured out why you're not getting pregnant Angela. There are two things wrong, first your eggs are weak and have a lower quality than normal and secondly you have blocked fallopian tubes."
"What does that mean?",I asked.
"It means that your tubes are blocking the sperm's entryway. His sperm can't meet your eggs."
"So what, is there like some sort of operation she can have to carry my child?", Mike asked
"An operation is not needed. For her weak eggs, we can give her a in vitro fertilization or a IVF, which is a pill that will help to ripen her eggs. As for her blocked fallopian tubes, she can have a donor insemination. And all that is, is we take some of your sperm and we put it directly on her uterus so hopefully it reaches the egg and she'll be able to conceive. I gotta be honest with you though, the chances of her being able to conceive are quite low."
"That's alright, we at least have to try, right?",I questioned.
"Right.", the doctor responded. He wrote a small sheet of paper then handed it over to me "This is your prescription for the IVF. Take two pills a day everyday for at least a month. If you haven't been able to conceive by then. come back and we'll see what else we might be able to do."
"Alright thanks Doctor James."

A/N
The next chapter is the epilogue so I just wanted to say thanks for all the support everyone has given me with No Bullshit and Sweet Love. There is NOT gonna be a third book but I do have some other stories in progress and in the making right now so stay tuned folks! I love you all 💋💖💖