Chapter Twenty Two

Mariah's POV
The second I spotted Chris, we held eye contact for a second until he tore away his gaze. I can just see Chris mugging August from across the room but in all honesty there's really nothing I can do. Chris won't speak to me and if I go over to August and ask him not to get upset over the looks Chris was giving him, then it'd look like something really is going on between us two. Ugh, this is all so damn complicated.
"Alright, now that everyone's here we can go to the dining room and eat!", Chyna said to everyone.
We all walked over to the dining room and just so nobody would try to stray away from their spouse, there were name cards at each chair so now Chris would be forced to sit next to me. Normally he would pull my chair out for me but today he just sat down in his seat and left me to do everything myself. It really hurt to know he really wasn't concerned about me at the moment.
The food was brought out to the table and and everyone just dug in, everyone except for me. I hung my head low occasionally looking over at Chris who wasn't the least bit worried about me. I fought to keep myself from crying but it was tough because my eyes stung as tears threatened to fall.
"Mariah, you ain't hungry?",Chyna asked.
I just shook my head and discreetly wiped the one tear that escaped my eyes.
"Aye Chyna, you put in work with these greens. Almost better than my moms.",Chris said with his mouth full.
"I know that's right!",Michael laughed.
There was small conversations going on at the table and I looked at Chris and said lowly,"Chris."
There was no response, he just continued to shovel food down his throat. He probably didn't hear me that time.
"Chris.",I said a little louder. There's no way he didn't hear that one.
Chris started laughing at the conversation that was going on between Trey and Michael. He heard me, I know it. I finally gave up and pushed my chair back and stormed off to the bathroom, slammed the door behind me, and started bawling my eyes out.

Taylor's POV
I looked up from my plate as Mariah stormed away. I looked at Chris and furrowed my eyebrows,"What was that all about?"
He looked down at his food and shrugged.
"Bullshit. Go after her."
"Don't tell me what to do Tay. I know how to handle my wife."
"The hell you do.",Chyna muttered under her breath.
"Chyna you got something to say?",Chris warned.
"Aye chill Chris.", Michael intervened.
"Yeah, I do" Chyna said "I said "The hell you do know how to handle your wife. If you did know, then she wouldn't be crying right now."
"I don't think that's your business, so drop it."he said.
"No it is my business, when you put your hands up on my best friend. So what if she did something as bad as that, that's still no excuse for treating her like a damn animal."
Everyone's eyes darted back and forth between Chris and Chyna trying to piece together what was going on.
"Wait you hit her?",I asked angrily.
Chris looked around and set his fork down on the table then clenched his fist on the table. "You wanna put my business out there like you know shit when you really don't? Aight fine. But lemme set the records straight. Did I hit her? Yes. Did I really mean to? No. If I'm making love to my wife there should be no reason whatsoever for her to moan out another niggas name. Especially one that I made clear I didn't want her to associate with. So without being said, I think it's pretty FUCKING obvious that she has been fucking that bitch ass nigga right there", he pointed at August across the table.
August nearly choked on his wine and said,"What?"
"And you know what really pisses me off, is that instead of admitting that fuck shit he likes to play stupid!"
"Aye watch yourself bruh.",August warned.
"I knew it."Cassandra said.
"Are you serious right now? You don't actually believe him do you?",August asked Cassandra.
"I don't know what to believe anymore. It's obvious you're sleeping with her and everyone knows it."
"Well believe me, I'm your husband! I've been nothing but loyal to you since day one. I can't believe you're even questioning me about this right now."he practically yelled.
Damn. And I honestly thought I was the only one here with problems in my marriage. Words can't express how disappointed and angry I am at Chris for hitting Mariah. No wonder she's crying. I would be too.
Michael stood up from his seat and said,"Aye, aye! This ain't why we called y'all over here for dinner. We just wanted to have some fun with our closest friends."
Cassandra giggled,"You're right Michael. We shouldn't be fighting. Chyna you just HAVE to gimme the recipe for this pie, it's amazing. Mmm!"
I squinted my eyes at her and thought back to where I'd heard something so familiar. Mmm?
"Hey Daddy. It's been awhile since I last heard from you. Anyways, when you're tired of playing family man make sure you call me so I can suck that long juicy dick of yours. Mmm"
My jaw dropped. I can't believe I was so stupid. I've been searching for the whore that's been fucking my husband and little did I know she was right in front of me. She played it smart when she pretended to be my friend. This bitch is about to die right about....now!
"Will you guys excuse me, I need to go make an important call."I said pushing out of my chair. I walked past Trey and August then reached my hands out and yanked a handful of Cassandra's hair. I pulled her out of her chair and climbed on top of her and started throwing my hands and bashed her face in.
"What are you doing!",Chyna yelled.
"Get off of her!",August yelled as he tried to pull me off of Cassandra.
"Don't fucking touch my sister!"Chris screamed as he threw punches at August.
Michael tried to pull me off of Cassandra but Chyna stopped him and said,"No, don't. Let her teach that crazy bitch a lesson."
It was me on top of Cassandra beating the shit outta her while she tried to kick and pull my hair. Then there was Chris and August punching each other to a pulp just breaking everything in sight.
Mariah rushed out of the bathroom screaming,"Stop! Stop! You guys all need to stop fighting!"
Nobody listened. Mariah came over to me and pulled me off of Cassandra and held me back. Cassandra was crying on the floor and she had a busted lip, a black eyes, and I'm pretty sure I broke her nose.
"That's what you get you stupid cunt! Yeah, you thought you could just fuck my man and I wouldn't find out? Fucking two faced, ugly ass, wannabe Chyna, ass bitch!",I spit on her.
Chris gave August one last punch and turned over to me and said,"What'd you say? Trey cheated on you? With this.....THING?",he pointed at Cassandra crying on the floor.
Trey looked around in embarrassment,"See what had happened wa-"
He didn't even get to finish his sentence because Chris used his last bit of energy and punched Trey so hard he was knocked out. I spit on him too then pulled my wedding finger off my hand and threw it beside his body.
August was struggling to get up from the floor in the corner. He clenched his stomach and slowly walked out of the dining room and eventually left the house.
Cassandra slowly stood to her feet and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand,"You'll pay for this. I swear, I'll take your ass to court!"
"Bitch you ain't sayin nothing but a word." I said "Now get the fuck out!"
She jumped back at my loudness. I could honestly throw some more punches at her bitch ass but what more could that prove? She got what she deserved, an ass whooping. I grabbed my purse and and stormed out of the house with absolutely no regrets and for the first time in forever, I held a genuine smile on my face.