Chapter Thirty Six

Chris' POV

*Two Months Later*

"Yeah, and then right there I'll add some vocals in the back.", I said to Trey.
"That's exactly what we need!",Trey clapped his hands together.
In the two months since Taylor forgave this nigga Trey, some CRAZY shit has happened. I actually forgave him too and decided to get back in the studio with him. Regardless of all that shit that happened, we cant ignore the amount of creativity we both have so we decided to work on a little something-something for the fans.

"You're a goddess in the bedroom
Devil in them skintights
Drug that, I'm hooked to
But it's ok, I'll be alright
Tried my best to please you
Show you what it means to
Be a victim of love
So turn on that red light, Oh
Turn on that red light
Ooh, eh
We gon' be bumping and grinding
Seems like you're ready to sex me, baby, baby
And I'm feeling on your booty, driving me crazy
Half on a baby
Cause' your body's calling me
And with your permission let me start your ignition
Don't you know that you're reminding me
Of a song on 12 play
You're like a song on 12 play"

"Ooh yessss!", Mariah and Taylor waltzed into the studio rolling their hips to music.
I smirked and shook my head. Women. I never understood them and I'm not even gonna try to.
"I like that one, what's it called?",Taylor asked as Trey wrapped an arm around her neck.
" 'Songs On 12 Play' ",I answered.
"This is what took you guys all day to make huh?",Mariah asked.
"It takes time to create music aight? Now where my kids at woman?",I said pulling Mariah close to me.
"Tyson is in school and Faith is at my parents house.",she answered.
"Why?"
"We had some errands to run."
"Like what?"
Mariah looked over at Taylor and both stood in silence. I looked at Trey to see if he knew but he shook his head and shrugged. I got irritated and said,"Could yall just stop fuckin around and say whats going on?"
"Alright Chris! Damn," Taylor rolled her eyes "I have an announcement to make."
She looked between me and Trey and hopped in excitement and said,"I'm pregnant!"
"Heh?",my mouth dropped. "Tay, sorry what'd you say? It almost sound like you said you're pregnant or something."
"Thats exactly what I said" she smirked "I'm almost 9 weeks."
"Well thats great baby!",Trey picked her up and spun her around. "Why didn't you tell me? I could've gone with you."
"Thats fine, I went with Mariah because I wasnt even sure about this whole thing but...now that I know I am we're good now.",she smiled.
I lowkey just wanted this whole thing to be a dream or something but I'm happy for them. It's a blessing to be able to conceive a child because some couples aren't always so lucky. I went over to Taylor and hugged her "Congrats T".
I also went over to Trey and gave him a brotherly hug because whether I like him or not, since thats Taylor's husband, that nigga IS family and I got nothing but love for my family.
"Aight, aight, chill." I said "Me and Trey got a bit of news for yall too. You wanna tell em Trey?"
He shrugged,"I guess. Aight so check this out, what if we told you Chris and I were thinking about putting out an album together?"
Both of them widened their eyes in shock and I laughed,"It's not all set in stone but 'Songs on 12 Play' isn't the only song we put together today and we still have a bunch of ideas. This could be huge y'all."
"He's right, you don't even know how big this could be...."Trey added.

Mariah's POV

My phone rang it's familiar tune of "Biggest Fan" bright and early this Saturday morning as I was getting breakfast made for my family, and without checking the screen for caller ID I answered,"Hello?"
"Mariah?",a deep voice asked.
"August?"
"Yeah its me girl."
"Oh hey! What's up? How's New York treating you these days?",I asked as I wiped my hands on a towel.
"Eh, its gonna take some time getting used to but thats life ya know..."
"Yeah. How's the music going?"
"Uh, it's going...Look I'll just get to the real reason I called instead of cuttin corners. I miss you Mariah."
"I miss you too August.",I smiled into the phone.
"No, not just as a friend. For as long as I can remember I have been trying to put my feelings for you aside and have you just as a friend but it's been real for me an-"
"Woah, where is this all coming from?",I shook my head in confusion I peered around the kitchen to check if Chris was anywhere near me before I went in on August. I whispered through gritted teeth into the phone "Are you drunk right now or is this real life?"
"Mariah I haven't had a drink in the past four days I'm completely sober."
"Look, when you found out your wife committed suicide and you tried something with me I let it slide but this is completely insane and I'm about a second away from hanging up."
"Wait no Mar-"
"What exactly were you hoping to achieve from this phone call August?"
"I just wanted t-"
"No! You what, I don't even care because everything Chris had been saying about you from the jump was right and I can't believe it took me this long to realize that. Have a good day August!",I said hanging up the phone on his dumb ass.
I slammed my phone down on the counter and heaved in anger and frustration. It wasn't until a few moments later when I realized I forgot about the eggs I was cooking and I saw they were nearly black.
"Shit!",I yelled and I began throwing out the burnt eggs.
Chris came downstairs and asked,"Whats burning Mariah?"
"These fuckin eggs!",I groaned.
He came over to me and asked,"Babe, you good? It's just eggs, no big deal."
"It's not the damn eggs Chris!"
"The what is it?"
I shook my head and sighed,"I just wanna tell you, you were right. About everything."
"What are you talking about? Huh? Talk to me."
"if I tell you, promise me you're not gonna overreact because I handled it already. It's over with."
"Fine, whatever."
"You were right about August, you know, trying to get with me. He's tried something before BUT I shut that down real quick."
I watched Chris try to contain himself by clenching his jaws,"When was this?"
"The day Cassandra....you know..."
He nodded his head,"So....why did this come up all of a sudden today?"
"Oh thats the worst part of this entire thing. He called me up to express his feelings to me but again, I shut that down real quick and hung up on him."
"You serious?"
I nodded"Dead ass"
"That bitch ass nigga waited until he was out in New York to try some slick ass shit like th-"
"Stop Chris, it's over. Don't even worry about it because I handled it."
"But it ain't even th-"he stopped himself then said "Well then I guess I should tell you something that happened when you were still pregnant with Faith.."
My face hardened"What the hell happened Chris? You didn't fuck around did y-"
"No! Never. How could you even ask me that?"
"Well I don't know what you're about to tell me Chris.",I eyed him.
"Just promise you wont get mad."
"Fine okay!"
"You know back when you were pregnant and we were in the middle of a fight and I went to go hang out with Draya...? You remember that?"
"Yeah."
"Well she TRIED something with me in the car but I ain't let nothing happen. I don't know I just thought I should let you know since thats your boss and everything and I didn't want there to be any awkwardness between yall."
I nodded my head,"Fair enough. Thanks for telling me."
"Yeah, you not mad right? Because I ain't let nothing happen and besides you d-"
"I'm not mad Chris. I'm cool. Thanks for telling me."
"So whens breakfast gonna be ready?",he smiled looking at the food spread out in front of him.
"Soon as I remake these eggs."
"Aight, thanks babe.",he pecked my lips.

Three Hours Later

"Mariah, girl slow down!",Taylor urged.
I ignored her and kept driving. I ain't playiin no games this time around. Fuck you thought bitch? You was just gon try some slick shit with my man and I was just gonna sit back? Fuck no.
I parked my car in the front of the FineAssGirls building and stormed out with Taylor following close behind. "Your car is gonna get towed. Thats a no park zone."
"Oh we wont be here for long T."I said gliding into the elevator. We stood impatiently for a minute before the elevator stopped on the top floor where her office resides.
We stormed passed the receptionist and busted into her office. "Mariah, Taylor, what are yall doin here?"
"Close the fuckin door T.", I instructed without breakin eye contact with Draya.
"Whats going on?", she eyed her office phone. She probably considering calling security right now and I dont blame her.
"My eyes are up here Draya." I snapped.
Draya stood up from her desk and walked over to us,"Whats wrong? Yall seem heated as right now.."she forced a nervous smile.
"So you know me and Chris have been together for almost a year now right? And you knew that the day you came over to hang out with Chris awhile back when I was still pregnant right?", I asked kissed my teeth and rubbing my hands together
"Uh yea-" *SLAP*
"What the fuck was that for!",she screamed.
I took off my diamond earrings and handed them over to Taylor who was over by the door to be clear from any harms way now that she's pregnant.
"Bitch I heard you tried some slick shit with my husband thats what the fuck that was for!",I yelled rolling up the sleeves of my jacket. "In front of my fuckin house too!"
She didn't respond and thats when I knew she knew what I was talking about. I adjusted my wedding ring on my finger and took a quick step into her then backhanded the shit outta her. The slap startled her so much she stumbled and fell backwards. I squatted down to her level and said,"In case you haven't noticed, I quit."
"Me too bitch!" ,Taylor yelled from the door and I stood up and together the two of us stormed out of the FineAssGirls building for the last time.
This bitch really THOUGHT. It could've been so much worse for her but I decided to be the classy one and walk out.