Chapter Twenty Seven

August's POV

I looked over him in the hospital room and shook my head and chuckled. I wiped a hand over my face and smiled down at Trey's unconscious body.
"Damn." I said lowly to him even though I knew he probably couldn't hear me.
"You dirty man. You dirty. Did some foul shit and now look atcha. I really thought you was my nigga. Chris too. Y'all all about the pussy but what about friendship? What about loyalty? Nigga, where I'm from niggas get shot up for fuckin with each others wives or puttin they hands on each other."
"I shouldv'e taken you out when I had the chance. Shit, I still could.",I patted my waist where my hand gun was positioned.
I folded my arms and continued saying,"You got my wife pregnant you bitch ass nigga! But I won't kill ya. " I shook my head "Nah, I ain't gon kill ya especially when I know you have a family to feed. Yo ass lucky Taylor and I are cool with each other. She actually been the only one I been able to talk to these past couple of weeks."
"Just because I ain't gon kill you now, don't mean I won't do it later. You and Chris better watch your fuckin backs. You stay in your lane and I'll stay in mine. Cool?"
Of course he didn't respond and I didn't even expect him to either. "Aight, I'm out. Take care of yourself." I walked out of his room and nearly knocked Taylor over who was coming into his room.
"Oh hey August, I didn't know yo were coming to visit him.",she gave me a soft smile.
"Yeah, it was kinda last minute.",I shrugged.
"That's really nice of you to be here. I know you two didn't exactly end on the best of terms."
"I'm surprised you here too. You look like you haven't slept in days, you aight?"
She yawned and stretched out her arms,"I am kind of tired but the doctor's said he should wake up today so I just wanna be here with him."
"You a good woman Taylor, you know that?"
She flashed a warm smile. "Thanks."
"If you ever need anything, ever, just holla at me aight? I gotta head to the studio so I'll check you later."
"Alright bye August.",she said as I walked passed her out of the hospital.

Taylor's POV
That August is a good person. I wonder why he's had so much bad fortune this year. His wife cheating on him, her ending up being pregnant, him losing Chris and Mariah as his friends due to Chris' jealous ways. I just don't know why bad things happen to such good people.
I shrugged it off as I made my way back to Trey's room. It's been three days since the accident and he still remains unconscious. The only time I've left this room was to go get food down in the cafeteria or to go home and shower. I have only talked to Camille over the phone and I can tell she's a bit shaken up from this whole experience.
I sat down at the chair beside his bed and just stared at his body. Thinking, just thinking about everything I have become since the day I met Tremaine Neverson.
I used to have this big ass crush on Chris' best friend Michael that started when Chris first introduced me to him. I was a huge fan of his music and me being Chris' twin sister, I wasn't just a fan or a random person, we actually became friends. I slowly started putting it out there that I was interested in him but he sort of just told me that because he was such good friends with Chris, that he and I could never be anything more than friends.
I was pretty devastated after that but along the way of time i soon met Trey. We dated for about a two years and then I became pregnant with Camille. He was real supportive, had a good job, and treated me like a queen and he always told me that our daughter would be his precious little princess.
Even as we met Mariah through our maturity classes he was nothing but a pure gentlemen. He never missed a class and because Mariah's ex-boyfriend Rodney never showed up he always did his best to help the both of us in partner activities.
Soon after the baby was born, we tied the knot and our family was complete. A few years later that's when all the secrets came in. He was "working late", missed dates, and even sometimes forgot to pick our daughter up from pre-school. It wasn't until a big fight we both had that I found out he could sing and that he had a record deal. Not long after that, August and Cassandra came into the picture and now here we are.
I was brought out of my thoughts when I felt some shifting in the bed. I looked at Trey as he slowly fluttered open his eyes and quietly mumbled,"Taylor?"
"Oh yes! Yes, it's me. Thank God you're okay! I'm gonna go get the doctor.",I said standing up from my chair and running out of the room.

Chris' POV
"So give it tom me straight Tina. Don't sugarcoat nothing! Do we have a case?",I asked my manager.
She shuffled through her documents then set them down on her desk and sighed,"No."
Mariah and I both dropped our shoulders. She squeezed my hand and said,"It's alright Chris. There are TONS of people who would love to have you on their label. Like what about Cash Money? You could be working with Mike and Nicki and all those other artists."
I shook my head,"Shit ain't never gon be the same though! Plus I ain't tryna work in the same label as that bitch nigga."
"Dra-"
"DON'T. Say his name."
"Chris",Tina interrupted "RCA may have fired you but I'll tell you want you do have. Enough."
"Enough? Enough of what? Whatchu mean?"
"Chris RCA is nothing but a label they only hold a title. You can do so much more than you know your capable of. You don't need them anymore."
"So what are you saying?",Mariah asked.
"Yeah T, I don't know what you mean."
"You write songs, you produce them, you direct, you dance, and you sing." She turned to me and said with a straight face "Chris, you can start your own label."
"My what?"
She nodded and pulled out a few papers then handed them to me. So much was running through my head that I couldn't focus on the words on the paper.
"So what's that?",Mariah asked pointing to the papers.
"That right there are the documents stating that you can have everything that you brought to RCA. That includes the songs you wrote, the choreographers you picked, and all your artists'. Including Kevin McCall, Sevyn Streeter, U.G.L.Y, Sabrina Antoinette, and Joelle James Put that all together and BAM you have a record label."
"My own record label? You really think we can pull this off?"
"Yes, I do. And with all your connections with the right people this is gonna be huge. And the best part, is you can finally start doing your own thing, with my advisory of course."
"Tina this is the best news I've heard all week! I'm gonna start my own record label! We gon call it CBE, Chris Brown Entertainment."