Chapter Thirty

August's POV
"Are you you crazy?",I asked Mariah.
"No, what's wrong with my idea?",she shrugged.
"The fuck I look like beggin your man for a job? That nigga hates my guts!"
"He does not hate you-"
"Bullshit."
"Excuse me?"
"You heard me Mariah. I said that's fucking bullshit and you know it.",I shook my head.
"Look August, I know you two aren't the best of friends but I really think this could work."
"Nah, you ain't even hearin me. I don't wanna work for Chris. It'd be like after he punched me in my got damn face I'm supposed to forget all that shit and ask him for a job. I just ain't down with that."
"Why must you be so hard headed? I'm trying to do what's best for the both of us!",she stated.
"Best for who? This ain't a game Mariah, this is my career."
"Best for the both of us. You said you wanted to do your own thing and that's what Chris is promoting for his new label. And August I don't want you moving back to the other side of the country. You left New Orleans to find better opportunities so why go back?"
I sighed. Mariah did have a point. She's always been one to do that. Catch me when I'm wrong and help me make things right. It's been like that since like first grade. "I'm not saying I'm gonna sign with Chris, but if I did, you sure he'd even want me?"
"I'll talk with him, just be open minded about this whole thing.",she smiled.
I nodded in a bit of skepticism. I ain't relying on Chris to sign me. I'm sure some of my other offers are still willing to sign me to their labels.

Chris' POV
"Hell nah!",I said to Mariah.
"What? Why?",she asked.
"Because, I said so. Now chill with that fufu lame shit, I'm on the phone baby.",I planted a kiss on her cheek and walked passed her with my phone pressed against my ear.
"Chris if you would just liste-"
"Shh! I'm on the phone Mariah! This is some very important business.",I said through gritted teeth.
She placed a hand on hip and waited for me to finish my phone conversation.
I cleared my throat,"Yeah, can I get a large pepperoni pizza?"
"Chris!",she threw her hands up.
"Oh, oh make that two.",I added. I finished up my order then finally hung up the phone and turned around to face and angry Mariah.
I shrugged,"What?"
"You ignored me to order pizza?",she asked.
"I been workin all day so yeah, I'm hungry. You obviously haven't been working as hard as I thought you were if you had time to go over to that nigga's house.",I walked passed her and into my new office.
"Oh please don't start. If you don't want me to be friends with him then why did you say it was okay?"
"I know what I said Mariah. You can be friends with him just as long as he knows his place. Now as for your suggestion for me to sign him to CBE, like I said before, hell no."
"But I don't see why! You know he's talented so what's the issue?"
"I know he is, I think you're forgetting that we had a song together with Trey. The point is, this is a business. A well established business. I can't afford to mix business with any form of distraction. Don't act like you don't know I don't fuck with that nigga."
She nodded,"You're right, I didn't even think about it like that. I'm sorry."
"Maybe if this whole thing hadn't happened between us I would consider signing but I gotta do what's best for this business and this family. You understand right?"
"Yeah."
"Good." I slapped her ass "Now get back to work."

Trey's POV
"Taylor? Taylor, please talk to me.",I said grabbing her arm to stop her from walking passed me.
She snatched her arm away and snapped,"What!"
"Look Taylor, I said I'm sorry about a million times. What more do I have to do? It's not like I can go out and get you a dozen of those white roses and a bottle of Chardonnay that I know you love in order to give you a proper apology. Come on, talk to me."
The doorbell rang before she had the chance to respond. She sighed and walked over to the front door to see who was here. A minute later she walked back into the living room with Cassandra right behind her. I rolled my eyes and lowered my head. Anytime this female comes around me I get an immediate headache.
She cleared her throat and I looked up. She gave me a soft smile and said,"Hi."
"I'll uh, leave you two alone.",Taylor said leaving the room.
As soon as she was upstairs I asked,"What are you doing here huh? Are you just gonna run away like you did to me back at the hospital?"
"Trey, baby I-"
"DON'T call me baby. I ain't your baby Cassandra."
"But.... I love you.",she pouted.
"Shut up. You don't love me. You don't even know what love is. Love is standing by that person no matter what happens and that was the complete opposite of what you did. Now I'm gonna ask you again, what the fuck are you doing here?"
She bit her lip and looked down at the floor,"I have something important to tell you."
"If it's not about the baby I don't give a fuck."
"That's just it Trey, there is no baby."
"What?",I asked in disbelief.
"I'm sorry, the doctor told me my home pregnancy tests were wrong. I was never pregnant to begin with."
I clenched my jaw,"Cassandra, best believe that if I weren't in this wheelchair, my hands would be wrapped around your neck squeezing every bit of life out of you. Because of you, I'm sitting in a fucking wheelchair with a broken leg and broken ribs!" I stopped and took a deep breath "Do yourself a favor and get out."
She stood there in sadness and looked back at me like she didn't wanna leave.
"LEAVE!",I yelled.
She ran out of the house and I pray that'll be the last time I ever see Cassandra Alsina again.
Taylor crept downstairs and said,"Is everything okay?"
I flared my nose in anger and breathed heavily. I was far too angry to even answer.
She came over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder, which drained every ounce of anger in my body, and i looked up at her. She smiled and said,"Forget about her. She's is just a very confused woman. Well, I'm going to go pick up Camille. Three weeks has been long enough."
My face lit up at her words. If my whole life was crumbling to pieces my little princess's face would be the only thing to brighten up my day. Man, I love my baby girl Camille.