Chapter Thirty Four

Taylor's POV
This morning I woke up ready to make breakfast then drop Camille off for her first day of first grade, but when I woke up I smelled the faint scent of her favorite chocolate chip pancakes already being made by Trey.
I sighed and decided to take my shower and get dressed anyways. After that, I walked into Camille's room and saw her struggling to dress herself up. I giggled,"Baby, you can't wear stripes and polka dots together."
"Why not?",she asked.
"Because they don't match." I pulled out a different outfit and helped her put it on "There you go, now you look like you're ready for school."
"You look pretty mommy."
I smiled,"Thank you. You too. Now let's go see what daddy made you for breakfast. "
"Smells like chocolate chip pancakes."
"We'll see." the two of us walked downstairs and entered the kitchen to where Trey was sitting at the kitchen table with a big pile of pancakes sitting on the table.
Camille ran over to Trey and kissed his cheek,"Good morning daddy!"
"Good morning my precious little princess!"
"Daaad, I'm not little. I'm in first grade now."
"If you're not little, then what are you?"
"I'm medium.", she answered sitting down.
I snickered. Trey served her one pancake then said,"As long as I am your daddy then you will always be my precious little princess aight?"
"Okay."
"Now eat up."
"Aren't you and mommy gonna eat too?"
I looked over at Trey and nodded,"Of course we are baby."
I sat down beside Trey and placed a pancake on my plate and he did the same. They both started eating and I cleared my throat to remind them to say grace.
"I got it." Trey said.
We all grabbed each others hands and bowed our heads and Trey said,"Dear Lord, thank you for waking each of us up on this lovely Monday morning. Please watch over my baby girl today on her first day of school and allow her to soak up all that wonderful knowledge. Please continue to keep this family together and away from the idea and temptation of separation from each other. The very thought of separation is a sin for which no one in this family shall commi-"
"Amen!",I said and lifted my head and glared at Trey. I'm not about to let his slick ass ruin such a good day. If he wanted to talk about this situation he could talk to me and not put it out there for Camille to hear. He's so childish.
The three of us ate in silence but the whole time I could feel Trey's eyes on me. I did the best I could to ignore it but it was harder than I thought. The second Camille finished her pancake, I asked her,"Did you remember to make your bed this morning?"
She widened her eyes and shook her head no.
"Well what are you waiting for? Go do it now. And hurry up so you don't go to school late.",I added and watched as she ran upstairs to her room.
I stood up and started clearing the table of all the empty dishes. When I got to Trey's empty plate I asked,"So did you get a chance to look at the papers last night?"
"Yep.",he nodded.
"Did you sign them?"
"Nope. And I don't plan on it either."
I turned to him and raised an eyebrow,"You don't plan on it?"
"That's what I said. You're not getting away from me that easily Taylor. I know you still want us to work."
I furrowed my eyebrows at him and questioned,"You sure about that? Because I don't think having a cheat for a husband is something I look forward to."
"Look, I know I fucked up bu-"
"No buts Trey. I'm tryna move on and the only one holding on is you.."
"So that's really what you want?"
"I've made myself clear several times you just don't seem to be getting the message."
His face hardened and he clenched his jaws,"But what about us an-"
"Us?" ,I chuckled in disbelief "You don't care about us!"
"I swear to God Taylor if you would just shut up for once and listen to what the fuck I have to say!"
"Why?" I set the plates back down on the table and crossed my arms "So you can lie to to me again? I'm done playing the fool Trey!"
He closed his eyes and cursed under his breath then said softly,"Taylor, listen to me. For seven years I have loved you with every ounce of my soul a-"
"Then why'd you cheat?"
"Cut me off ONE more time Taylor! I dare yo ass to fu-"
"I'm done mommy!",Camille smiled as she ran back into the kitchen. She at both of us and asked,"Daddy, why are you and Mama fighting again?"
Trey looked at me with his nose flared,"You wanna tell her? Cuz I sure as hell won't do it."
I looked back at Trey with hard eyes then said,"Alright, say bye to daddy."
Camille ran over to Trey and I watched as they hugged and kissed each other goodbye. I grabbed my purse, phone, and car keys then Camille and I left the house and got into the car. The drive to Camille's school is short so we managed to get there on time.
I held onto Camille's hand and guided her through the big private school to her assigned class and smiled when I saw Mariah and Tyson in there with the many other kids and parents. This is the second year in a row Camille and Tyson are in the same class. I guess it's pure luck!
Mariah's POV
After Taylor and I got our kids situated in their class, we walked out of the school and towards the parking lot. I was in the middle of giving her updates of CBE but I stopped in mid sentence and turned to her,"Are you okay?"
She nodded,"Yeah, I'm listening. Continue."
I placed a hand on her arm and said,"No, I'm done talking. Whats goin on with you these days?"
"Nothing Mariah. I said I'm fine.",she insisted then got in her car and before she could put her key in the ignition I got in the passenger seat and shut the door close.
She only stared straight ahead then before I knew it, she broke down. She was crying hysterically and her body shook. I've seen Taylor cry many times before but never this hard, it scared the fuck outta me. I was confused and quite scared at the same time."Taylor, why are you crying?"
"EVERYTHING!". she hollered.
"Like what? Is it Trey again?"
She nodded,"He's makin this whole divorce thing a whole lot harder than it needs to be a-and I don't know if I can go through with it!"
"Are you saying, you wanna try working things out with him?"
"I don't know! I love him but-" she sniffed "After he cheated on me that's ALL I've been able to think about. I just wanna be able to move on from this Mariah."
"Hm. Taylor, I gotta be honest with you. Divorce is a BIG thing. You're not gonna be able to just move on as quickly as you want to." I turned to her and wiped her tears away with my hands "You have to be one thousand percent sure that you don't want be with him anymore and if you ask me I say you're not there yet. You're still in love with this man T.
"But he cheated on me. How can you say I should still be with someone who cheats on me?"
"Taylor YOU'RE my best friend, not Trey. I can only tell you what I see. Of course he fucked up big time when he fucked around, but that doesn't mean he still doesn't love you. And what about you're daughter? She is attached to the both of you by the hip! If you two split up then there's no telling what Camille may do."
"So what are you saying I should do?"
"Give him another chance maybe? Or just listen to what the man has to say. It's up to you." I shrugged and sighed as a sign of defeat. I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her tightly until she slowed down her cries to a complete stop.
"Thanks for being here Mariah.",she said softly.
"No problem, thats what friends are for."I smiled.
"I think it's time i go see my mother. She doesn't know a single thing thats been going on between Trey and but i need her advice on this too."
"I think thats a good idea. Do you need me to come with you?"
"No, I'm good."
"Alright, call me if you need anything. Anything at all."
"Okay, bye Mariah."
"Bye Tay,"I said giving her one last hug before stepping out of her car and walking back over to mine.