Chapter Twenty One

Chris' POV
"Aye Chris man, open up."Mike knocked.
I spent the night at his house and I just been keeping myself locked up in this guest room. I'm not sad, I'm just full of pure anger. My life isn't going the way I planned and everything is just falling apart.
"Chris?",he asked. "You in aight fam?"
I cleared my voice and sat up in the bed and said,"Yeah, come in."
Michael walked into the room and leaned against the wall and asked,"Chris, what's goin on with you? I feel like this is deeper than what's going on with you and Mariah."
I shrugged. He doesn't know about RCA dropping me so I said,"Nothing man, I'm....I'm aight."
He stared at me hard for a minute then sighed,"Aight then, but maybe you should get dressed because everyone is on their way over here for our dinner party."
I groaned,"I'mma just stay up in here until they all go home."
"Nah Chris you gotta be a man about this and at least show your face otherwise you'd look like you running away."
"I'm telling you right now, the second I see that nigga August I'm throwing these hands on him. I'mma turn this whole spot up!"
Mike chuckled,"You better not or Chyna gon kill us both. You can just keep to yourself," the doorbell rang downstairs "but dinner is almost ready and people are here already."
I nodded as he walked out of my room and I shut the door behind him. I really am not tryna deal with anybody's bullshit tonight. Especially Mariah or August. I groaned and walked over to my bag of clothes and decided to put on a nice button up shirt and a hat to match.

Cassandra's POV
August and I greeted Michael as he welcomed us inside his big house. August kept tryna pull me close to him and nibble on my ear and shit but I pushed myself out of his grip and asked Michael,"Hey where's Chyna?"
He scratched the back of his neck and said,"She's upstairs putting King to bed."
I flashed him a smile and made my way up the big flight of stairs and nearly bumped in Chris. I scrunched up my face and asked,"What are you doing here? I didn't see Mariah downstairs, where she at?"
"Aye ease up Cass, why you gotta be so damn loud anyways?",he asked slightly annoyed.
"Nu-uh! Don't be having no bum ass attitude with me just because I asked you a simple question. Must got me fucked up..."
"Man, I ain't even got time for this shit.", he grumbled pass me into a room.
I shook it off and headed towards King's bedroom and walked inside causing Chyna to kind of jump back. I grinned and gave her a hug,"Hey girl."
She held King in her arms as he slowly began to drift off into a slumber,"Uh, hey Cassandra."
"So I wondering if you'd wann-"
"Hold up Cassandra. Just stop right there. I like you....but you have a way of just coming on too strong and I don't wanna sound rude but it's making e feel a bit uncomfortable. You understand right?"
I furrowed my eyebrows,"Wait, what exactly are you saying?"
She set King down in his bed and walked out of the room and I followed behind her closing his bedroom door and she answered,"You act like a fucking stalker sometimes. I get more calls and text messages from you in a day than I do from my husband in a week. All I'm saying is that you need to chill the fuck out."
I let out a small chuckle,"Well excuse me for just tryna be your friend. Oh wait, I forgot. You only want to be friends with people who have fucked up relationships."
"The fuck?"
"Yeah I know exactly what you thought" I said stepping in her face "Chris and Mariah are having problems, Trey and Taylor are having problems. I am the only one in the group besides you who has a solid relationship with my husband and you just can't take it so you brush me off as a 'stalker'. Well sorry to disappoint you boo, not all of us are gonna get pushed around and kiss your ass just because you wanna walk around here like you just got all the answers. And believe me on this when I say you don't."
I towered over Chyna because she's pretty short but that didn't stop her from giving me a hard glare and shoving out of her face. She pointed at me and squinted her eyes,"I don't know what you're up to, but I'm warning you to stay in your lane and you won't get handled. I'm warning you." The door bell rang downstairs.
I chuckled and flipped my hair over my shoulders then blew a kiss at her. All I can say is, tonight is definitely gonna be a show.

Mariah's POV
Chyna greeted me at the door with a confused look on her face. I rushed inside and and asked,"Chyna? What happened?"
"Mariah, I honestly don't even know."she answered walking towards the kitchen and I followed behind her.
"What do you mean? Was it Chris? Michael? What happened?"
She turned to me,"All I know is, that crazy bitch came with her man for the dinner party and I feel like something is gonna go down tonight."
"Cassandra? What could she possible do?"
Chyna shrugged,"She basically implied that my relationship with Michael isn't how I think it is and I don't know what she meant by that."
I reached up into the glass cabinet and pulle dout two wine glasses and I popped open the bottle of red wine sitting on the counter and oured us each a glass then handed one to her. "Here, just drink this and relax. Maybe she was just tryna get under your skin."
She took a sip and swirled her finger around the dark red liquid and just stared off into space and said,"I'm telling you, I don't trust her. Not one bit."
"I'll talk to her."
"You better, because if she pops off, by the end of this night I'll be in jail. Best believe that."and she stormed out of the kitchen leaving me standing here in shock.

Taylor's POV
Trey stood beside me as we waited for someone to answer the door. We had to come in the same car so Chris wouldn't suspect anything was wrong between us. I still find it hard to even look at him just knowing that our whole marriage was a lie. I really didn't even wanna come today, it was just that Chyna basically crawled on the floor begging me to come to this dinner party of hers.
Michael swung open the front door and greeted us both. "Taylor, you look beautiful. That color looks good on you."
I flashed a small smile and walked into the house and was immediately greeted by Cassandra. "Hey girl, you look so hot!"
"Thank you.",I said barely above a whisper.
August greeted me with a hug then dapped up Trey and said,"I feel like I haven't seen you two out together in the longest time."
"Well you know, we're always so busy these days."Trey shrugged.
This man is a compulsive liar. He can't even tell the truth these days anyone. Probably is ashamed to tell his boys that he's a cheat for fear that they'll see him for what he really is.
"Taylor? Taaaaylor?",Chris waved his hand in front of my face.
I shook my head and was brought out of my deep thoughts and said,"I'm sorry what?"
"I said, what's up girl?"
"Oh hey Chris."
"What, you can't show your twin brother some love anymore?"
I smiled and gave him a tight hug, probably tighter than he had anticipated. He looked down at me and said,"Woah, you aight? You look like you haven't been eating."
"Yeah. I'm fine just a little tired. From work!"I added quickly.
"Aight. Well no problem. Chyna been throwing down in the kitchen all day so you know we about to get our grub on."
I smiled and said,"You are always hungry and yet you stay so skinny."
"I can't help it, I was born to eat!"
I giggled for the first time in about a month and said,"Where's my best friend at?"
He scratched his head and shrugged then looked away from me.
I placed a hand on my hip."Okay, what happened?"
He shrugged again,"I don't now. Ask her." he said coldly and walked away.
Well that turned sour in a matter of seconds. I turned around and saw Chyna and Mariah walking over to me with their arms out wide. We hugged each other and they gave me a look that said 'Is everything alright with you and you know who?'. I just shook my head and shrugged.
"Well let's not focus on that tonight" Chyna said giving me another hug "I haven't seen you forever! You look so nice."
Mariah nodded,"I've been worried about you girl."
"I'm alright. What's going on with you and Chris?"
She darted her eyes to the ground then said,"We've just hit a BIG bump in the road."
I can tell they must have hit a major bump in the road. I don't know why, but I'm a little nervous for what might be in store for us tonight.