Chapter Thirty Five

Cha
Taylor's POV
Right after leaving Camille's school, I headed straight over to Mama's house. I feel so disappointed in myself for not coming to her sooner but I was confused and also embarrassed. I parked my car in the driveway and walked over to the front door and rang the doorbell. It didn't take long for her answer the door but once she did she looked happy to see me.
"Hey mama.", I said walking in the house and giving her a hug.
"Hey Taylor baby. How's life treating you these days?",she asked heading towards the kitchen.
"I'm just so confused.",I trailed behind her.
"Well talk to me."
"I think you should sit down first."
She nodded and we sat down at the kitchen table and I cleared my throat," Mom, me and Trey are having some problems."
"I know"
"BIG proble- Wait, You know? How do you know?"I raised an eyebrow.
"I have ears all around Taylor. I was just waiting for you to tell me yourself."
"Chris told you, right?",I guessed.
"Yup. Taylor, what I'm curious about is how YOU are feeling about this."
"I don't know anymore. One minute I hate him and I'm ready to divorce him then the next minute I feel otherwise. Mariah thinks I'm not ready to divorce."
"She's right."
"Huh?"
"Yeah. You just said it yourself, sometimes you think about staying with him."
"Yeah but he CHEATED on me. Am I just supposed to let that go?"
"No."
I groaned in aggravation,"Well than what does everyone expect me to do?"
"What everyone expects you to do is not gonna matter when it comes to your own happiness. This is about you, your husband, and your child. Baby what is your heart telling you to do?",mama asked grabbing my hands.
I stared down at our hands for a moment then muttered,"Stay."
"Then that's what you should do. Go home. Talk to Tremaine. Go get answers. But first, listen." she stated "I want you to just listen."
I nodded my head,"Okay Mom."
We both stood up from our chairs and embraced in a tight hug. "Oh, I love you mom."
"I love you too Taylor. Now go."
I grabbed my bag and left the house and headed home. I'm kinda nervous to see how this is all gonna play out. I don't know why ma is so focused on me hearing Trey out but hopefully its worth it.
I parked the car in the driveway and walked into my house. I immediately kicked off my shoes and tossed my bag to the floor and walked around the house in search of Trey. He's here that's for sure, since his car is out front.
"Trey!", I called out walking into the living room. Not there. "Trey!" I called out again.
"Im up here.", he called from upstairs.
I headed upstairs to his room and knocked on his door.
"Come in.",he responded.
I twisted the doorknob and walked into the guestroom he stays in and saw him packing all his clothes into large cardboard boxes. I eyed all the items in the box closest to the door and spotted a framed picture of me Trey and Camille laughing together at the state fair last year. I picked up the picture and smiled,"I remember this day."
"Me too. Camille rode her first rollercoaster in that picture."
"Yeah, we had so much fun. Well you two did, I got sick on that ride and had to watch you guys having all the fun from the picnic tables."
Trey gave a soft chuckle,"Yeah."
"So, you're leaving?",I asked awkwardly.
"Yeah, that seems to be best for the fam right nw. It seems like we all just need a bit of space so I'm just gonna go live in a condo for now."
"You don't have to do that. You could always stay here."
"What?",Trey raised an eyebrow.
"Yeah, you know Camille's gonna miss you like crazy and keep aski-"
"Stop, stop."
"Stop what?"
"I know what you're doing Taylor! God, it's like this is just all a game to you."
I shook my head,"I don't know what you're talking about."
"The hell you do! You saw me packing my shit and realized you don't want me to leave so you're tryna use Camille as a way to get me to stay."
I looked at him speechless.
He grabbed my chin and pulled it close to his face and said lowly,"Baby if you want me to stay all you have to do is say it."
I looked him deep in his eyes and still remained silent but my eyes said it all. He leaned down and met his lips with mine and we shared a deep kiss. When he pulled away he noticed the warm tears escaping my eyes.
"Taylor, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have taken you for granted. I never wanted to hurt you.",he said softly.
I nodded and wiped my tears.
"You're the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You're my best friend, my lover, and my partner. For life. Please forgive me."
I nodded,"I do. I want you to stay..... but-"
"But what?"
"I don't wanna end up hurt again! Whose to say you wont cheat on me when you get tired of me or something?", I crossed my arms and pouted.
"You don't ever have to worry about that."
"And why not? What's so different this time around Trey?"
"Because I've learned from my mistakes. I know that my actions effected everyone in a way that I would never want to repeat itself. Look, if you don't believe me, I-I'll stop singing."
I gave him a confused look.
"Yeah", he sighed "if getting you to trust me again means I have to stop being 'Trey Songz' then I'll do that in a heartbeat."
I nodded and smiled,"You would give up your DREAM for me?"
"And Camille. I'd do anything for you guys."
"I can't ask you to do that, but just the fact that you'd be willing to do that means so much. I love you."
He gave me a tight hug and kissed my forehead. "Does this mean I can move back into our room?"
I laughed,"Yes."
"Great lets go, we got a lot of making up to do.",he said picking me up and tossing my on his shoulder.
I squealed in laughter,"Trey! Put me down."
"Oh I'll put you down alright. When does my princess get off school?"
"Uh, in three hours."
"Aight, we got time for a couple rounds.",he stated as he took me to the room.

Chris' POV
"No, I just don't get it. Why!",I shouted at Taylor.
She scrunched up her face,"Wait, why are you shouting at me like that?"
"Who the fuck is you staring at like that? You better fix ya face."
"I'll fix my face when you check your tone.",she rolled her neck.
I rolled my eyes and groaned. This little girl has too much attitude and I don't like that shit. "I'm telling ma!"
"Don't waste your breath, she's the one who told me I should stay with him."
I widened my eyes,"She did what?!"
She sighed,"Chris, just stop. If you love me at all and care about me like you say you do, then just trust me. Okay, I know what I'm doing. This is the man I'm in love with and the father of my child."
I shook my head,"It seems like no matter what I say you've already made up your mind, huh?"
"That's right."
"T, I swear if that nigga fucks up again I'll kill him with my bare hands."
"Oh thank you Chris!",she squealed wrapping her arms around my neck in a tight embrace.
Mariah walked into the living room with Faith in her arms and smiled,"Aw, you told him?"
I turned over to her,"You knew?"
"Of course I did babe, EVERYONE knows."
"Y'all stay scheming on a nigga.",I grumbled walking over to Mariah to take my babygirl from her grip.