Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Thirty

Chris' POV
"This is it baby, the moment you've been waiting for is finally here." ,Mariah planted a small kiss on my cheek.
"I'm so proud of you Chris. You have made me a very proud mother." ,Ma smiled. "You have truly grown up. You're married, you have kids, and now you have started up your own empire. Promise me you'll continue to be humble."
I nodded,"I will mama."
"Dad, how come there's so many people here?",Tyson asked peering out of the window of our limousine.
"They're here to see all the hard work your dad has been doing these past few months.",Mariah answered.
I nodded with a nervous smile and rubbed my hands together and said, "Lets get this show on the road."
I got out of the limo an helped everyone out as well. Mariah carried Faith in her arm and Ma held Tyson's hand tightly. I gripped onto Mariah's free hand as Big Pat walked ahead of us in security. We were bombarded with questions by the press outside of the new studio. All the blogs, newspapers, television reporters, were shoving their microphones and cameras in my face. Tina made sure everyone knew about this and she was waiting for me the second we got out of the car.
She walked beside me up the steps of the stage that was set up right in front of the tall building and as we walked over to the podium she said,"Just keep it short and sweet Chris. And remember to be yourself or they'll see right through any facade you put up."
I nodded and gave Mariah and my mom a kiss on their chees before I walked up to the mic and cleared my throat then looked down at the sea of people who had quieted down in order to catch every word I spoke.
"Good morning everyone. To start off, I'd like to thank you for coming down here on this very special day. You see, years ago I was just starting out in the music industry. I was signed to RCA Records and everything was going good for me. Over the years, I made some big mistakes and struggled to try to get back to where I was. It wasn't until three months ago that I learned my contract with RCA had expired and they no longer wanted me to sign with them.",I spoke.
"All hope was gone and I began to doubt my abilities. It wasn't until a meeting that I had with my manager Tina, that I realized all hope was not gone. She came up with the idea to start up CBE Records."
Everyone began clapping and pictures were being taken.
I continued,"Starting the business from the ground up was hard work but none of this would even be remotely possible without my lovely wife Mariah."
I stretched my hand out to her and when she accepted it, I pulled her close and planted a big kiss on her forehead. The entire crowd erupted in cheers and clapping.
"Mr.Brown! Mr.Brown! Over here!",a reporter bellowed.
I pointed at her and she asked,"So now that you have started up your own record label, is it safe to say that you be writing and producing your own songs now?"
"To be honest I did all that back at RCA."
Another reporter called for my attention and asked,"What kind of things can you promise to your new artists'?"
"A team full of creative people who all have the same goal of helping each other become successful."
"How successful do you think your label will become?"
"The sky is the limit."
I answered a few more questions up until Tina tapped my shoulder and motioned for me to head over to the building entrance to cut the red ribbon tied on the door. She handed me a pair of giant scissors and I smiled down at it then I smiled back at my family and called Tyson over.
He nervously walked over to me and smiled,"Yeah dad?"
"You know this is gonna be all yours one day right?",I grinned.
"Really?"
I nodded,"So why don't you help me cut ribbon?"
"Okay!", he held onto the scissors with me and together we cut off the red ribbon. The crowd was going crazy. The paps were either snapping pictures or calling my name for some more questions. With all that was going on around us, none of it mattered because this was a feeling I never wanna forget s I might as well take in as much as I can.

Mariah's POV
I don't think there was a single dry eye out of all the people who were watching Chris and Tyson cut the ribbon on the door. It surprised the hell outta me when he called Tyson over there but I'm really happy he did.
I sniffed and wiped my tears and Mama J said softly,"He really loves Tyson. I can see it in his eyes. The more I see those two together the more I realize that Tyson reminds me so much of when Chris was little."
"Mama you know what surprises me?",I asked.
"And whats that?"
"That Tyson's biological father isn't Chris. I see better connection with him and Chris than I ever did with him and Rodney."
"Well that may be so, but when Tyson grows older he may want to get closer with his real dad. I just pray he doesn't turn into the rotten devil Rodney is."
I laughed,"Me too. "
Chis and Tyson walked back over to us and Chris asked,"What you two gossiping about over here?"
"None of your business!" Mama said then her arms and said,"Now come give ya mother a kiss."
He hugged her and kissed her forehead. Tyson tapped my leg and said,"Guess what mom? Guess what?"
"What?",I placed a hand on his cheek.
"Dad said this is all gone mine someday!"
"Oh he did?", I asked in shock. I had no idea that was what Chris was planning to do.
"Aight y'all, lets go in now." ,Chris said to us.
We all followed behind him towards the entrance of the CBE grand opening party inside the actual building. All our friends and family were slowly appearing. My parents were inside and the first thing the did was congratulate Chris. I smiled as I watched my dad smiled with much approval and my mom hugged Chris like he was her child!

Taylor's POV
"There they are.", I directed Trey as we walked into the CBE grand opening party.
Camille and I stood close to Trey to assist him as he slowly walked in with his crutches. The doctor allowed him to get off his wheelchair just last week so he's slowly getting back to his feet with these crutches.
We finally approached Chris and Mariah who were in the middle of talking amongst themselves. I cleared my throat and once they turned around their eyes widened and their mouths widened.
"Oh my gosh! Trey! Taylor!" Mariah exclaimed as she pulled us in tight hugs "I swear its been forever since I've last seen you guys!"
"I know we, we've been around.",I nodded.
"Uncle Chris! Uncle Chris!",Camille shrieked.
Chris smirked then picked her up and planted a bunch of kiss on her face and asked,"How you doin mama?"
She pouted,"Good."
"Good? Then why do you look sad?"
"Because I miss you.",she laid her head in the crook of his neck.
I rolled my eyes,"Girl you were at his house for a month! You better stop all that crying before I really give you something to cry about! Set her down Chris. Her ass been babied for too long."
He chuckled then set her down and said,"Tyson is over there mama."
We all watched her run off towards Tyson then Mariah broke the ice by asking, "Trey, how are you these days?",she asked.
Trey nodded,"I'm good. I couldn't have made it without Taylor though. She has been by my side through it all."
Chris watched Trey closely as he spoke then he ignored him completely and turned to me and hugged me then placed a kiss on my forehead. He wrapped an arm around my neck and steered me away from Mariah and Trey then whispered in my ear,"We gon talk about this. Right now."
Once we were out of earshot Chris turned to me and asked,"You not still with this nigga right?"
"Chri-",I started.
"After all this nigga did to you?"
"Chris please!" I snapped.
He furrowed his eyebrows and crossed his arms,"If it weren't for him walking in here with you and Camille I wouldn't have kicked his crippled ass out already."
"In front of all those paps?"
"I don't give a fuck Taylor. But what I do give a fuck about is you. Now tell me you aren't still with him."
I shut my eyes and sighed,"Chris, I'm not with him."
He sighed in relief,"Good. So tell me what he's doing here anyways?"
"We came to support you. Look, I'm gonna tell you the same thing I told everyone else. I'm helping him during this healing process because that's what I said in my wedding vows. For better or worse and in sickness and in health. But you gotta stop acting like I don't have a mind of my own Chris."
"The fuck does that mean?",he questioned.
"Just you pulling me aside right now to question me speaks for itself. I'm grown Chris, matter fact I'm as old as you! So even though you wanna look out for me, allow me to make my own decisions since that's never stopped me before."
Chris just listened and nodded,"You're right and I'm sorry. I just want you to be happy."
"I am happy." I nodded.
"That's all I want."Chris shrugged.
"I've been talkin to a divorce lawyer for awhile now. Just thought you should know."I added.
"Fore-"
"Aye who dat? That nigga right there! Aw, that's my brother from another fuckin mother!", someone shouted towards us.
We looked towards the voice and saw Michael and Chyna with King in her arms walking towards us. Chris' face lit up and he said to me,"We'll talk later."
Chris greeted them all and I watched as my twin brother held a big ass smile on his face. I can only imagine how happy he feels right now. All his friends and family coming together to celebrate his hard work and success in starting up a new business.
There was absolutely nothing but good vibes all around that was up until I looked up at the entrance and saw none other than August walking in. He has a lot of nerve walking up in here like he was invited when he knows damn well he wasn't. The look on Chris' face was enough to let me know that this was not going to end well. AT ALL.