Chapter 11: What Are You to Me?

Today is Saturday 10:59AM. I am under a time square clock waiting for Yui to arrive. I don't understand the point of me being here early if we could just go together since she and I are on the same house. It was already time for us to meet up but I can't seem to her anywhere. The clock rang stating another hour had passed. I saw Yui walking towards me.

'Sorry darling. I got caught up which clothes to wear. Tee-hee', said Yui trying to be cute.

'Don't tee-hee me! I waited here for an hour. The other couples already went off and I'm left here alone', I said.

'So you're complaining about how late I was after dressing this pretty for you. You didn't compliment my clothes and you even scolded about me being late. How rude of you!' Yui throws tantrums.

I remember the purpose of this date was to make her feel better. I felt ashamed and apologize repeatedly.

'Raise your head now. We're supposed to be on a date aren't we?', said her.

I raised my head and saw her walking ahead.

'Wait for me Yui!' I said as I chase her.

Our first destination is a restaurant. As we walk over there, I tried my hardest to think of any good conversation.

'Uhm Yui-'

'We're here', said Yui.

Before I could think of anything, we already arrived there. We sat at a table oppositely looking at each other. The awkwardness cuts in and left the two of us silenced. We we're like that for 5 minutes. Yui is starting to get pissed so I handed over the menu and ask her.

'So... What do you want to eat?' I said.

She took the menu and started choosing what to eat. The waiter approaches us to take our order.

'Good morning ma'am and sir. What would like for today?' said the waiter.

'I guess I'll just have a medium rare steak', said Yui.

'Ok ma'am... What about you sir?' asked the waiter.

'Oh... Just give me same as hers', I said.

The waiter left us after taking our order. It gave us some time to talk.

'Yui-'

'Haruto-'

'Y-You first', I said.

'Okay... How was the portrait? You already submitted it right?' she asked.

'Yeah the results of the competition will be said on Monday. I'm still kind of nervous though. The placement would decide whether I can join the club', I said.

'Are you saying that my portrait isn't that good to win the contest?' she asked.

'No, of course It could. I mean it is you anyway. What I'm saying is that you're beautiful. The way that I painted you is why I'm worried', I said.

Yui's turns red.

'Flattering me won't help you to have my forgiveness. Have some faith in yourself. I've seen your artworks in your room. They are really beautiful. I was amazed the moment I entered your room. That is also the reason why I screamed that night. Sorry for worrying you that time anyway', said Yui.

Our order is up and was served by the waiter. After setting everything up, we started eating.

'So what are you going to tell me earlier?' ask Yui.

'It was just nothing', I said with a nervous smile.

'You sure?' she asked.

'Actually I was just wondering', I replied