Chapter 14: Solacement of a Wife

Haruto is absent for a whole week. When I'm at the classroom, I keep looking at my left and remember the time when he broke down in the middle of the road. It kind of reminds me of myself when mother passed away. Darling is now suffering the pain I had gone through years ago. Mr. and Mrs. Nazuno went to Nagoya once again with Haruto to attend the funeral. I feel really worried about him. I wish I could be there for him but, my father wouldn't let me. After a week, Haruto is still not present in our class. I heard from our classroom representative that they are already back home from the funeral. I said to myself that once this day is over, I would rush over to where darling is and do what any wife would do. All throughout the class hours I'm so agitated to leave school and go to him. The bell rings indicating lunch break. I reached at my bag for a bento but, there was none. Darling usually makes lunch for me. I'm not used that he's not around. One of my classmates approaches me all of a sudden.

'Uhh... Yui. Some people are looking for you', said my classmate.

I look at the door and saw Risa along with Izuki and Miura. I went to Risa and chatted with them.

'Hey Yui. Do you know why Haruto isn't attending the club?' ask Risa.

'Well uh... You see...'

I told them that Haruto's grandfather passed away and that he's been at a funeral for the last whole week.

'Haruto really love his grandfather so much. He is with him since he was a kid so, his loss was really tough on Darling', I said.

'It's sad to hear that Haruto loss someone dear to him. How could I be a friend to him if I can't do anything for him', said Miura clenching his fist.

'Haruto is a tough person. I know he'll overcome this. I just know', said Risa.

'I've got an idea', said Izuki.

We all look at him to hear it out.

'What if we all go to his house later after class to cheer him up? While we're there, let's also pay some respect to his grandfather the legendary Blink Artist', he said.

'Legendary Blink Artist!?' three of us exclaimed.

'You mean the artist that has a very great photographic memory and could do anything even if he saw it with just a blink?' ask Miura to Izuki.

'Yes, accurately', said Izuki with a thumbs up.

'Whoa I didn't know Haruto is related to such great man of art. It's just sad knowing he already passed away. We never got the chance to even meet him', said Risa.

I didn't know Haruto have such great relatives. It just seem like I didn't know things about him at all. We all agreed on going to my darling's house after school. After that they all went to their own classes. I went back to my seat and remembered that I had banana bread for lunch today. I reached for it and tried to take a bite. The bell rang and I didn't get to eat it. The classes went on and everything feels so slow.

Finally the dismissal of the last class had come. I hurried downstairs up to the gate to meet the guys. Risa and the others are waiting at the school gate. I approach them and proposed to give a ride to Haruto's house. They all agreed so we get in and went off as quick as possibly. While in the car they are amazed of the insides of it.

'You sure are rich Yui. I mean your car is just too fancy', Risa said with amazement.

After sometime driving, Fred had stop.

'We are here young miss', said Fredderick.

My heart had start pounding so fast. I don't know why but, I felt nervous all of a sudden. We step out of the car and then ring the door bell.