Chapter 23: Learning the Truth

A long time ago a rich man was boarding a train every night. He was thinking of the other things he could do with his riches. He realized that he does not have to enjoy his treasures alone. He needs someone else to be with. One night when he was boarding the train, he bumped into someone.

'What's your problem!?' said the man.

The woman remained silent.

'Are you deaf?' said the man.

'I uh... don't... English', said her.

'I can't understand you', said him.

The man felt awkward of the situation. He realized that the woman must be a foreigner since she can't speak that much English. The train was about to stop at another station. He figured that he should just apologize and leave.

'Sorry about that miss', he said as he walks out of the train.

He felt relief after escaping that weird scenario. When he turned around he was surprised on what he saw.

'You again!?' said the man after seeing the woman again.

'I uh... Lost' said the woman.

'You must be lost considering what you were saying', said him.

The man helps the woman until they found her house. The woman lives in some kind of an apartment with her mother.

'I'm really sorry for the trouble. You see we're people from Japan. My daughter here isn't that familiar with the place so again, I'm sorry for troubling you', said her mother.

'It is alright. I uh... Can I go visit her sometime?' said the man.

'Of course you can. By the way her name is Yuuna', said her mother.

'Oh... I'm Erick. It is getting late I should go now', said the man.

With that he left Yuuna's home and headed to his house. Erick was filled with joy meeting such a beautiful person. He courted Yuuna until they we're finally together. They got married and had a daughter. Their daughter's name... was Yui. Yui was such a lovely endearing child. They lived a happy life as a family but, it was not for long.

Yuuna got into an accident that ended her life. Yui was devastated especially her father Erick. Due to what happened, Erick hasn't been able to manage his company well. He swore to Yuuna's grave that he will continue to take care of Yui. That is the start of Yui's strangle. As a kid Yui was forced to live in their house and never got to see anything from the outside except the sky. She went to school and those we're the only times she went out. Yui lived this life due to his father.

A day come, Yui stood up to his father and requested something she wanted to do. It is to let her see her mother's hometown, Japan. It was agreed by her father. So she went to study there, got to have friends and even a partner. She thought that if she we're to get married, she will be finally free on her father's grasps. Her father's company was getting bankrupt. Erick came to a conclusion where he needs to make a deal with his friend that owns another company. The deal was for their little ones to get married.

'That is all sir Haruto'

'Thank you for telling me Fredderick'

'But sir Haruto-'

I putted down the call.

It is clear to me of what happened now. It is also clear what I'm gonna do.

*Earlier*

My friends rushed over me to ask what's wrong. When I touch me eyes, I felt tears coming down.

'Haruto are you alright?' asked Risa.