Chapter 20: Our Contest Begins

'The time is 10 o' clock Am. Remember our goal. Don't enjoy yourselves too much', said Izuki.

We place our hand together for a cheer.

'GO... ART CLUB!!!' said all of us.

With that cheer, our field roaming slash art contest begins. We all separated as we hit different places so we could sight some scenes that are worth painting.

'This will be exciting!' said Risa.

'It's no good I wanted to be with Haruto!' said Chiaki after jumping on my arms.

Yui went to us and took Chiaki away to Izuki.

'Don't be such a nuisance you clingy loli', said Yui.

Izuki and Chiaki went around urban parts of Kyoto. Miura and I went to forest and shrines with his class. Risa and Yui went to some prefectures of Kyoto. We'll rotate our destination each of the day of the field trip. While I'm with Miura, I can't help but feel nervous around him. He looks really strange than usual. It might be because of what he talked about with Chiaki outside the eatery. I remembered I haven't given him his manga yet. It made me realize it is the perfect opportunity to ask him if he's okay.

'Hey Miura... I forgot to give you this last night', I said.

'Thanks Haruto', said him.

'Are you okay? You've been weird since we left the inn', I ask.

'Yeah I'm fine', said Miura.

He said he's fine so I guess everything's alright.

'If you say so', I said as I wander off.

Miura stop all of a sudden.

'Actually I've got something to tell you', said Miura.

I stop and look at him.

'You better watch out with Chiaki. She isn't just someone you could be close with', said him.

'What are you talking about?' I ask.

'Chiaki is up to something. I can feel it', said Miura.

'Whatever it is, I'm sure it's just to deepen her relationship with me. I know that because she confessed to me back then', I said.

'Well do you even worry? I mean, you and Yui are assigned after all', said Miura.

'I guess that is really troublesome. Even so, I want to give her a chance. It is my fault for going away anyway, not letting her get along with me even more', I said.

'But Haruto-'

I patted him at his shoulder.

'You still love her don't you?' I said.

Miura made a surprised face.

'I guess you haven't gotten over her yet. Don't worry I'll help you with that', I said.

'You sure you'll help me? Last time you did I was rejected', he said laughing.

'Oh come on. This time I'll definitely help you', I said.

'Okay if you say so, buddy', said Miura.

I felt really flattered. It was just a five lettered word that I hear. Even so, that word is really flattering to hear, especially because it means friendship.

Yui and Risa are now on the way to the prefectural.

'Hey Yui. How are things going with you and Haruto?' asked Risa.

'We're fine I guess. We dated twice now and, I lived with him for sometime', said Yui.

'No that's not what I meant. Like does he do sweet things to you?' said Risa.