Chapter 16: Pens, Papers, and Exams

Nights and days have passed. At last, the exams had come. I woke up as early as 6:00 Am to collect myself and be ready for the test. I had my memorizing cards with me even while at the toilet and eating breakfast. After eating I send my regards and went off. I'm walking home to school memorizing each and every word that is in my card. When I arrive at the classroom, I hid my cards and stopped reviewing. Yui saw me and greeted.

'Good morning darling. Looks like you've been studying a lot. If you won't stop you might get a 100 on all subjects', Yui said kidding.

'Come on now stop joking around. I only understand these because you thought me', I said.

'Oh what is this? Complementing me early in the morning', said Yui.

'It is true anyway. You really thought me everything. Although I fell asleep at the end of it', I said.

Yui remembered what happened before and blushed.

'Hey Yui why is your face red? Do you have a fever?' I asked.

I came close to her and touched her forehead. Yui blushes even more.

'Yeah you temperature's-'

Yui hitted me.

'Don't touch me so easily Haruto!', she exclaimed.

Everyone look at us.

'Look at them being lovey dovey in the morning'

'Yeah it's like the exams doesn't matter to them'

'It sure is nice to have your partner as your classmate'

*gossips, gossips, gossips*

The teacher went in and made us settle down. He announced that the exams about to begin and made us ready for a couple of minutes. After that we finally started taking the exams. The first subject was Math as so the teacher announced. Everybody sighed. When the test is given to me, I can see the answers on the questions already. I tried my very best solving and answering the questions until pens up. After passing it in front, we started another exam in History. Just like the Math exam I can see the answers clearly. Even at the tests after that. The bell rang representing lunch break. We passed the papers and my classmates started talking.

'I'm beat'

'The exams are really exhausting'

'I hope it end soon'

'Well we've still got two exams to take'

Yui approached me.

'Hey darling would you mind joining me eat lunch?' she asked.

'Uh yeah sure why not', I said as I agree.

We went to the top of the school building and sat to eat lunch together.

'Here take some of these', said Yui as she hand me a croquette.

It looks really delicious. But I was hesitant of eating it. I recalled our time together when she made breakfast.

'I uh... I don't think-

I noticed her hand covered up in bandages. Her eyes are also black and exhausted. She must've had a hard time making it.

'You don't think what?' asked Yui.

I took the croquette and had a bite. It was very yummy. I can taste the grinded tuna fish meat and vegetables.

'So how was it?' she asked.

'It was so delicious', I said.

'I figured I should make you some lunch to cheer you up in the exams. I really glad you liked it', said her.