Chapter 13: One After Another

'I work here Miura. That is why I'm here. As for you Haruto, I believe this isn't the right time to talk to you. We'll meet again and by that, I will finally have you for myself alone', said Chiaki.

She left us there on our room and return on doing her job. After that we seated down.

'So that's the girl that rejected Miura huh?' said Risa.

Miura crouches then sulk.

'Don't worry Miura. It's not the end for you. Even so, I have a really bad feeling about that girl', said Risa.

'Excuse me but let us not forget our purpose of coming here. I cleared my schedule today just to welcome our newest member', said Izuki senpai.

'What are you talking about Izuki? You don't have anything to do anyway. All you do praise those naked women posters on your room', said Risa.

We continue enjoying ourselves there at the karaoke. After that surprise welcoming party, we each parted ways and went home really exhausted.

When I arrived at home it was almost 9. Mom is patting dad's back as he cry. I tried to ask why but they refuse to tell me. They headed to their room after leaving me something to eat at the table. I slowly ate the food until I'm finished. After that I wash the dishes then take a bath. While in the tub I can't help but to think of that mysterious girl Chiaki. Her appearance today just made her personality even more mysterious. After taking a bath, I went to my room to sleep. When I close my eyes, I dived into a really strange surrounding. I'm at a classroom. It doesn't look like our classroom, yet it feels so familiar. I was erasing the board. Then I change the water of the flowers. As I do those things I was talking to somebody. She asked me of why I was doing the chores of the classroom. I answered that nobody was doing it and that our teacher is going to be upset if no does. She asked me again. 'Why are you volunteering to do it?' she asked.

'If no one is up to do it then, I'll try my best to do what is needed', I answered.

Then I heard a really disturbing distorted voice.

"But are you sure you can do it?'

I was so terrified it woke me up. I found myself sweating so much. The time was 5 o' clock in the morning. I went to the bathroom to wash my face. When I went out of it, I saw something the couch. It was a very old sealed painting. The painting has a letter attach to it. It was named to me. I remove the letter to read it. When I open it, I saw grandpa's name.

Hello my dear favorite grandson. How have you been? I guess you're pretty big now, as you see this letter. Your grandpa just wanted to tell you that, I love you so much Little-Haru. Once I'm gone I knew you would be sad. It was just you and I back then when your parents are still going around the world as famous painters. The moments we treasured together are very precious. I still remember teaching you how to wield a brush. After that I witness you create such great work of art by yourself. I guess it really run on the family. I may not be able to be with you anymore but, please remember. Everybody needs to go on. I know you can do it. You will make a very great artist. You are the kindest and most talented kid that I've ever known. Please take care, my Little-Haru.

-Your Grandpa

It brought me to tears knowing that grandpa already passed away. My eyes went waterworks while holding the letter. I sob in silent but, my tears did not let me. My parents were woken up hearing me crying. Mom and Dad hug me and we all cried like little children. We cried loudly as we share the same pain. Grandpa was the one taking care of me back then. I learn to love art because of him. I just can't believe that he's really gone. Our eyes were almost red after crying. I took the painting and store it on my room. Opening is something I couldn't handle for now. I decided to store it until I'm finally ready to display it on our wall. We tried to resume doing our daily stuff but, it is just too sad. Even so, we need to. After breakfast I went off. I've always had a straight gloomy face but, my usual is deeper. I was walking on the way to school and a car beeps at me. I went off its way and kept walking. The beeping becomes a pattern and Yui's voice was along it. My mind is really empty and so my awareness. She kept on calling me but my mind is just dull. Yui went out and hit me. I bended on my knees and went silent.

'What are you thinking you jerk? Ignoring me this early in the morning', said her.

She noticed that I look really down. Tears again started to run down my face.

'G-Grandpa...' I said as I cry in the middle of the road.

Yui helped me stand me up and hug me. She comforted me by patting my head as I cry even more.

'Darling, whatever it is just cry it all out', said her.

She made me ride the car and came home with me.

'Grandpa... He's gone', I said at the car.

Yui held me close to her as she cuddled me more.

'I'm here for you darling. Just let it all out', she said softly.

She comforted me until we are back at my house. Yui told my parents that I'm not emotionally ready for school yet and also said to them that it is best for me to stay home until everything lay lowed.

'Darling, you can get over this. I know you can. I'm just here whenever you need me okay?' said Yui.

After that she already went to school. I went to my room then shut myself in. I cried my all day until my eyes are tired of crying. The sun is only an hour long before it sets. I've never been that exhausted of crying. It is just the lost of my grandfather is really something I couldn't handle.

Writer's message:

This chapter is dedicated to my Grandfather who died last February. Siya ang pinaka mabuting lolo ko. Sinuportohan niya ang pag-aaral ko, binigyan ako ng mga regalong hiling ko at nag alaga sakin noon. Masakit paren saken minsan na maalala ang sandali na bumagsak siya. Lalo na't ako yung kasama niya nung nag collapse siya. Sa pagbagsak ni Lolo ay para naring bumagsak ang paligid ko. Kami lang noon sa bahay at hindi ko alam ang gagawin. Takot na takot ako at sobrang nininerbyos. Ang punto ko ng pag share nito sa inyo na nagbabasa ng story ko ay upang maalala natin na pahalagahan ang mga taong malapit sa atin lalo na ngayong panahon ng quarantine/calamaity. Kung nasan ka man ngayon sana masaya ka Lolo. Pipilitin ko pong gawin ang aking makakaya upang maabot ang pangarap ko na may ngiti sa mukha ko.

-CliqueStacks