Chapter 1

You stared at the city lights from the window of the aeroplane you were currently in, feeling your heartbeat speed up as the aeroplane began to descend onto the lit up runway of Incheon International Airport.

Seoul—the absolutely beautiful city that you were born in—the city you left three years ago with no regrets.

You had moved to Singapore with your parents because of your father's job transfer. After your aunt and her husband's unfortunate death in a car accident, you decided to come back to Seoul to live with their only daughter (and her bestfriend) who was nearly two years older than you. She was your favourite cousin, too.

As soon as your delayed flight landed, you rushed to collect your luggage—not wanting to keep your cousin waiting for so long—before you quickly made your way outside the airport, looking for your cousin amid the large crowd of people.

"Raena!" you heard her familiar voice shout. You glanced around until you saw a hand up, waving in your direction. You smiled brightly when her face came into view and you half-ran towards her.

"Sakura!"

"Gosh, I missed you!" she squeals, pulling you into a bone crushing hug. "Wow, you've changed a lot."

That was true, you did change a lot.

After moving to Singapore, your new friends there 'made you one of them,' as they like to call it. They made you color your hair and change your entire wardrobe. They also made you become as popular as them in school—as if being the new girl wasn't enough popularity already.

Three years ago, you were a good, nerdy girl who got bullied and tortured almost everyday at school; you couldn't even speak up for yourself, fearing that you would get bullied even more—no one bothered to help you, either. In fact, the rest of the students would just laugh at you when you got humiliated or harassed. Having abusive parents added to your misery.

Now, three years later, you became a bad, bold girl who shouldn't be messed with. This time, you knew how to fight back and won't hesitate to put someone in their place immediately. You adored the brave new you.

"So how do you feel about starting school here again?" Sakura asks as she began to drive after helping you put your luggage in her car's trunk.

"I feel nothing actually," you say with a small smile. "I don't know what to expect and how much has changed."

Sakura graduated from high school this year and was now in her first year of university. She stayed with her bestfriend in a small three-bedroom apartment that was only two miles away from their university. You, on the other hand, were in your final year of highschool; you were joining your old school two months after the new academic year started.

"How's university going?" you ask Sakura. "Found any cute guys?"

"It's pretty fun," she answers, and you notice her cheeks turning pink. "I have a boyfriend, actually. He's... hot. Like, really hot. We've been dating for about a month now and I really, really like him," she gushes.

You chuckle. "Who is this boy that has captured your heart? Anyone I know?"

"His name is Park Seonghwa."

"Oh?" you raise an eyebrow at the mention of the familiar name. "I believe I have heard of him before."

"He used to date a popular girl from your school," Sakura answers before stopping the car. "We're here. Welcome home, Raena!"

You didn't even realize that you reached your now new home until she told you. Someone opened the car door for you and pulled you into a hug as soon as your feet touched the concrete ground of the parking lot.

"Hi, Raena!" the girl who hugged you squealed. "It's so nice to see you again!"

"Dayeon?!"

"Surprise!" Dayeon chuckled, releasing you from the hug.

You were actually really glad that Dayeon was your cousin's roomate; you didn't like socializing and you were quite worried about not being able to properly mingle with your cousin's roomate.

Dayeon and Sakura helped you take your luggage to your new room and left you to unpack while they made dinner.

During dinner, the three of you spoke about various things: your life in Singapore, how you became what most people would call a bad girl, their life right now, life in general, and of course, boys.

You were surprised to find out that Dayeon was still dating Kim Hongjoong—the boy she began dating when she was in ninth grade. They were currently in their fourth year of dating.

"I'll do it," Sakura says after you finished dinner, taking your plate that you were about to wash. "Go get some sleep, you must be really tired."

"Thanks," you say with a smile before going to your room, your body craving for some good sleep.

-

End of Chapter 1.