Chapter 10

One month later.

"I'm so glad these stupid pre-mid-term exams are over," Hyunjin says, leaning against Jongho's chest while she took a bite of her sandwich. He wraps his arms around her, making Wooyoung and Mingi tease him.

Your grade's exams ended a week ago and you were getting your results today. You were hoping you got a good rank.

"Hyunjin!" you heard someone shout, catching everyone's attention.

You saw a guy running towards you all. He stopped in front of her, panting from the run.

"What is it, Jaemin?" Hyunjin questions.

The whole school knew Na Jaemin, of course. He's a grade younger than you and is one the top heartthrobs in your school. He was also Hyunjin's family friend.

"Where were you last week before our Math exam?" Jaemin asks.

"At Jongho's house," she answers. "Why? What happened?"

"During break, I overheard Kim Chanyoung talking to some classmates," Jaemin explains. "Chanyoung was saying that you dumped Jongho and slept with him and your Instagram stories were at his house."

"He wishes," Hyunjin scoffs.

"I wish I could kill that fucker," Jongho says through gritted teeth.

"Don't do anything, Jongho," Yunho says. "You know what happened last time."

Jongho rolls his eyes. "I really don't care if I get suspended for a month again, hyung."

"No, you aren't going to do anything," Hyunjin protests. "I'll take care of it myself."

~

"Alright, class 12B, it's time to announce your results," your class teacher says. "I was quite impressed with some of you. Overall, I'd say you all did better than I expected."

"Yeah, cause we studied our asses off so we wouldn't have to stay back for remedial classes," Sihyeon mutters under her breath, making you silently chuckle.

"I will be announcing the top five ranks in our class, starting from the fifth rank. Park Jihoon, Choi San, Lee Chan, Ahn Raena, and first rank is Kang Hyewon. Congratulations!" We stood up and the class applauded for us.

"Kang Hyewon ranked second in your grade and Ahn Raena ranked fifth."

"Who ranked first?" someone asked.

"Kang Yeosang from class 12C."

"What?!" Mingi yelled, making everyone turn to look at him.

"Is there a problem, Song Mingi?"

"No, Mrs. Hong," Mingi says. "I'm just surprised that my friend came first, that's all." Mrs. Hong just nods and starts handing out the report cards.

~

"Yah! Kang Yeosang! How did you come first?" Mingi playfully yells and San tackles Yeosang to the floor of the basket court. "You beat Kang Hyewon and Min Donghae."

"I don't know," Yeosang says after San let him breathe. "I just used my brain."

"As usual," Yunho says, unsurprised.

"You ranked fifth, right?" Yeosang says to you, making you nod. "Cho Yubin wasn't happy about that. She was cursing you in class." You noticed how Yunho shot Yeosang a look. Yeosang smiles apologetically at San.

"Of course," you say and roll your eyes, ignoring the exchange that you witnessed.

"Hey guys!" Hyunjin says happily, making her way towards you all, followed by Jongho.

"Guess what she did," Jongho says with a proud smile.

"Sucked you under the table during class?" Wooyoung guesses, raising an eyebrow, earning a smack at the back of his head from Jongho. "Ow! Do you even realize how strong you are?!"

"Even I was thinking about that," Mingi says with a laugh.

"I slapped Kim Chanyoung before class!" Hyunjin says proudly, making us cheer for her.

"It was epic, you should've seen his face!" Jongho laughs and starts explaining the whole situation.

However, you couldn't really pay attention because you could feel someone staring at you.

You glance around until your eyes landed on a male student who immediately turned his face and walked away once you looked at him.

Who was that?

-

End of Chapter 10.