Chapter 24

"How was the surprise test?" you ask Yeosang who looked so calm.

"I aced it," he answers, digging into his lunch.

"Of course," Mingi says. "Nerd."

Yeosang shrugs. "Well, it's not my fault that you barely study, Mingi."

"Studying is so boring!" Mingi groans.

"Remedial classes are going to start soon," Yewon says. "I bet half of us will be on the list."

"San, Yeosang, Raena, Sihyeon, and Chaeyoung won't be on the list for sure," Mina says while munching on a carrot.

"I won't be on the list too," Wooyoung says.

Jongho rolls his eyes. "Hyung, you failed Chemistry during pre-mid-terms."

"I know right!" Mingi comments. "Loser."

Wooyoung raises an eyebrow. "Mingi, you failed math, chemistry, and economics during pre-mid-terms," he says.

"Whatever, Sihyeon will tutor me," Mingi mumbles.

"If you could keep it in your pants," Yunho says, making everyone laugh.

While everyone was talking, you noticed how San was busy texting someone on his phone. He didn't seem too happy.

"San, is everything alright?" you quietly ask him. He doesn't respond. "Sannie?"

"Huh?" he keeps his phone aside. "What were you saying, baby?"

"I asked if everything is alright," you say. "You look kinda... bothered about something."

"Oh, no, I'm okay, princess" he kisses your head. You just nod and focus on what the others were talking about. You didn't really believe him, but you let it slide.

"Oh! Sannie, I just realised that you took your eyebrow piercing off," Hyunjin says.

"Yeah, the piercer said that I have to," San says.

"Why?"

"To avoid scarring," he answers. "Maybe I'll get the other eyebrow pierced."

~

The next day, you went to a newly opened bar with everyone. You all decided to go in the afternoon, for a change. San was still busy texting someone on his phone. You didn't want to invade his privacy, so you didn't look at who he was texting.

"When are Seonghwa and Sakura coming?" Hongjoong asks.

"They're almost here," Yunho replies. "They said to order the usual for them."

Wooyoung calls the bar waiter over for everyone to order.

"San, what do you want?" Chaeyoung asks.

"Want what?" he asks, keeping his phone aside. He glances at the waiter and realises what Chaeyoung meant. "Oh, uh, I'll have whiskey and coke."

"What about you, Rae?"

"I'll have kamikaze," you reply.

"Cocktail or shots?" The waiter asks.

"Shots, please. So make that three shots." The waiter notes down your order and bows before leaving.

"Oh, wow!" Mingi says when the  waiter placed three hookah pots on the table. Mingi takes the pipe and glances at Seonghwa who just arrived. "Hyung, let's see who can make the best rings!"

Seonghwa chuckles. "Oh, you're on!"

You took the free pipe from the third pot and inserted your mouth tip filter. You took a drag before releasing a large cloud of smoke.

The waiter brought your drinks and you immediately downed all your shots.

"Damn, Rae," Yewon says. "Getting drunk already?"

You chuckle. "Well, it's been a while."

"Ah, there's nothing better than hookah and alcohol," Yeosang says before taking the hookah pipe from you.

"You aren't drinking today, right?" you ask.

"Yeah, it's Yunho's and my turn to stay sober today," he answers.

After a while, San finally keeps his phone aside and pays attention to whatever everyone was talking about. You were already pretty tipsy and you were giggling at whatever Yeosang and Yewon were saying.

"I bet you can't get that goody-two-shoe's number, Yeosang!" Yewon laughs, pointing at an innocent looking girl seated on a bar stool. She clearly didn't belong here.  

"I don't need her number," Yeosang says and kisses Chaeyoung's head.

"I think he can get it," Chaeyoung says, keeping her eyes on the girl.

"I don't want it," Yeosang says.

"Go get it, I dare you," Wooyoung challenges, making Yeosang shrug and get up.

He approaches the girl. "Hey, I got a dare to get your number," he says without any hesitation.

"Um, h-hi," she stammers, mesmerized by Yeosang's prince-like looks. "M-my number?"

He nods. "You can give me a fake one. I just have to complete the dare."

"O-Oh, okay," she says and tells him her actual number. He thanks her before making his way back to our table.

"Done," he smirks, showing her number.

-

End of Chapter 24.