Chapter 19

You sighed as another call of yours went unanswered; San wasn't answering your calls or texts. He was really upset about something.

"Maybe you should just give him some more time?" Seonghwa suggests, sipping on the tea Sakura made.

"Should I?" you ask, unsure. "What if he needs me? I don't know what to do."

"San likes to be alone when he's upset," Hongjoong says, looking a little pitiful. Does he know something?

You just nod and head to bed. San would tell you when he's ready. 

~

You woke up in the afternoon with a headache and a fever. Dayeon and Sakura were at college, so you had to take care of yourself.

You searched for some advil but it was over. You only had medicines for other purposes. You groaned, mentally cursing yourself for using up all the advil for your hangovers before went to take a quick hot shower. After you got dressed, you left to the pharmacy.

The pharmacy was only a five minute walk away, but it took ten minutes for you. Your head was pounding but you pushed yourself to walk.

After what felt like ages to you, you finally reached the pharmacy and bought  three boxes of advil. There was a convenience store right beside the pharmacy, so you went there to buy some instant soup.

"Oh! Ahn Raena! What a pleasant surprise to see you here," you heard someone say from beside you while you were choosing which instant soup to get. "I didn't see you at school today."

Minhyuk smirks leaning against the gandola shelves. He was in his school uniform, so you assumed he came here after school since your classes ended a while ago. You remembered that he lived close by.

"Go away," you say hoarsely, ignoring the throbbing pain in your head. You were starting to feel a little dizzy. Minhyuk was saying something, but you couldn't make it out. Your vision was getting blurry, and suddenly, everything went black.

~

When you woke up, you were in the emergency room of a small hospital. Your bed was seperated from the other beds by yellow curtains. Your eyes were burning and there was a cold compress on your forehead. You glanced around until your eyes landed on your phone on the small table. You took your phone to checked the time: 7:50 p.m. You had a total of 37 missed calls from Sakura, Dayeon, Seonghwa, Hongjoong, Sihyeon, and San.

"Hello, how are you feeling?" a nurse asks, removing the cold compress from your forehead.

"Like crap," you answer softly and she chuckles before checking your temperature.

"Your fever reduced to 100.5 degrees Fahrenheit. It was 102 when you got here," she says, handing you a tablet and a glass of water.

"How did I get here?" you ask after taking the tablet.

"Your boyfriend brought you here," she smiles. "He's waiting outside, I'll go tell him you're awake."

She came after a minute with none other than Kim Minhyuk who was still in his school uniform.

You roll your eyes. "Oh, he's not my boy—"

"I filled up the form and collected the discharge papers. Can I take Raena home now?" Minhyuk asks the nurse.

"Yes, you can," she says before turning to you. "Drink plenty of fluids and get enough rest. Once you go home, put a cold compress on your head to reduce the fever." You nod and she leaves.

"Let's go," Minhyuk says.

"I'm not going anywhere with you," you say.

He sighs. "Look, your apartment is close by so let me just drop you, alright?" You agreed. You really just wanted to go home.

You passed out in Minhyuk's car, so he had to carry you bridal-style. He asked the security for your apartment number before making his way to your apartment.

As soon as he rang the doorbell, a concerned-looking Sakura opened it. "Raena!"

Minhyuk carried your unconscious form inside, unbothered by the fifteen pairs of eyes on him.

"What the fuck?" San says through gritted teeth.

-

End of Chapter 19.