Epilogue

One month later

San surprised you by randomly taking you on a date. He took you to his favourite barbecue restaurant for dinner, and then you both got some icecream.

"Where are we going?" you ask, feeding San his pistachio icecream while he drove. San looked even better while driving when he wore his black leather jacket. Such a goddamn beautiful sight.

"It's a surprise," he smirks, taking a quick glance at you. "We're almost there."

You look out the window, noticing that you were in the outskirts of Seoul. You could see Seoul Land and you thought San was taking you there until he drove past it; he was driving up the roads of Cheonggye-san.

"We're here," he says after five minutes, stopping in front of a small, empty observatory. The area was really dark, surrounded by trees. The only light available was from the small lamp post outside the observatory.

"I had a huge fight with my mother last year, so I just took off on my motorcycle and ended up here. I've come here a couple of times to clear my head," San explains. He started singing a song in his honey-like voice, leaving you stunned. You knew he loved to sing, but you didn't know that he was extremely good at it. You closed your eyes, focusing on his voice.

"Forever you are my star," he ends the song, and you sniffle softly.

"Why are you crying? Are you okay?!" You didn't even realise that you started crying until San panicked.

"It's just... the song was so beautiful," you murmur while San wiped your tears. "You sing so well, San. Your voice is absolutely beautiful."

He chuckles. "You scared me for a second," he says, making you laugh. "It's almost midnight. We'll have to leave soon."

"Why?"

He smirks. "Sakura will gladly murder me. And maybe even Seonghwa hyung."

"Seonghwa?"

"Seonghwa hyung acts like a parent, right?" he explains, "And now Sakura as well. You're kinda like their child. Hyung literally said ‘get my daughter back before midnight.’"

"Wow," you chuckle, amused. "Well, then let's get going before they murder you."

"Well, before that..." he gets out of the car and goes to your side, opening the door.

You get out of the car, and that's when you noticed the sky. You gasp at the beautiful sight. Since you lived in Seoul—a city that had a lot of light pollution—you had never seen these many stars before.

San chuckles at your stunned face. He wraps his arms around your waist, pulling you close to him. You could hardly see his face in the little light provided by the lamp post. 

"Raena, I wanna tell you something," San starts, taking a deep breath. You could feel his hesitation.

"Hmm?" you wrap your arms around his neck. Your fingers played with his hair to calm him.

"I love you."

You gasp softly, your heartbeat speeding up and the butterflies in your stomach going insane.

"I'm so sorry for everything that happened before. You mean the whole damn universe to me, and I fall in love with you more and more each day. You made me believe in love again, and you bring so much happiness to my life. You are the reason why life's worth living. I just want to love and protect you, and always make you happy. I know I failed to that before, but I swear I will never be the reason for your tears again. I fucking love you so much, Ahn Raena. Will... Will you be my girlfriend again?"

"Yes!" you reply with teary eyes. "I love you too, Choi San."

And then San leaned down and kissed you under the perfect sky of a billion twinkling stars.

×××

The End