Chapter 21

"I'm going to check everyone's homework now. But before that, who hasn't finished the homework that I gave yesterday?" Mrs. Jeon asks. You were the only person who raised their hand. "Why haven't you done it, Ahn Raena?"

"I was absent for two days," you answer nonchalantly.

"You know that excuse doesn't work in my class," she says. "You could've called your friends and asked what we had done in class."

You controlled the urge to roll your eyes. "I was really sick."

"Detention after school today," she simply says. She never really liked you from the start.

Minhyuk raises his hand. "I didn't do my homework as well, Mrs. Jeon."

"Now, what's your excuse?"

"Ahn Raena was sick, so I was taking care of her." You scoffed. He wasn't even taking care of you yesterday. 

The class whispered amongst themselves. Great, now rumours were going to spread.

"He's lying, I wasn't with him yesterday," you say without any hesitation, making the class whisper more.

"Keep quiet everyone!" Mrs. Jeon says. "Detention after school for both of you." You mentally groan. You didn't want to be stuck with him again.

After a few minutes, the classroom's door opened, interrupting Mrs. Jeon's class. San, Yunho, and Wooyoung peacefully walked in like as if they weren't half an hour late to class.

"I didn't say that you can enter my class," Mrs. Jeon says. They ignore her and go to their seats. "Why are the three of you late?"

"We overslept," San answers honestly, making some students laugh. 

"Detention for all three of you after school."

"I have basketball practice after school, Mrs. Jeon," Yunho says.

"I will talk to your coach," Mrs. Jeon says. "If you miss detention today, you have to attend tomorrow."

~

"Can you both stop glaring at each other?" you say with a sigh.

"No."

"Nope."

Both San and Minhyuk say at the same time before glaring at each other again. You get up from your seat beside San to go sit with Wooyoung who was dozing off.

"When does detention end?" Wooyoung murmurs sleepily when he felt you sit beside him.

You glance at the clock on the wall. "In about twenty five minutes."

"We may witness a murder today," Yunho whispers, pointing at San and Minhyuk who were still glaring at each other. You groan and rub your temples with the heel of your palm.

San gets up from his seat and approaches you. He crashes his lips onto yours in front of everyone. He smiles when he feels you kissing him back.

"For god's sake, can you both not eat each other's faces here in detention?" you hear Lee Chan say. He was your school's head boy who was handling detention today because the teachers were in a meeting with the principal.

San pulls away from you. "Sorry, man, it was necessary," he says before smirking at an angry, jealous Minhyuk. Wooyoung snickers beside you.

"Whatever, you weren't there to take care of her when she was sick," Minhyuk says with a scoff.

"You just took her to the hospital," San says. "I stayed the night to take care of her."

"You stayed over at Raena's apartment?!"

San raised an eyebrow. "Am I not allowed to spend the night with my girl?"

"She isn't your girl!"

"Oh my god, just shut the fuck up!" Lee Chan groans in frustration. "Can't believe the teachers had to have a meeting today of all days!"

"Hang in there, Chan, there's only ten minutes left," Yunho says.

"Jongho should've been here," Wooyoung whispers to you.

"Why?" you ask.

"Everyone is shit scared of him. No one would make a sound if he told them not to," he says, making you chuckle.

-

End of Chapter 21.