Chapter 3

"Can I steal her for a minute?" The boy who kissed Hyunjin's head asks politely. You could see that he had a tattoo of an apple on his hand.

"You mean for an hour?" Yewon teases, making the boy turn pink in the face while Hyunjin just rolled her eyes.

The boy glances at you, smiling politely. "You're Ahn Raena, right?"

"Yeah, how do you know? I haven't seen you before." You seem to use the last line a lot.

"Well, you're the talk of the school right now," he says with a chuckle. "I'm Choi Jongho. I'm a grade younger and Hyunjin's boyfriend."

"Jongho used to be very popular for breaking hearts," Mina says with a smirk, "now he's famous for breaking apples." Ah, that explains the apple tattoo.

Jongho rolls his eyes. "Tsk. You spend too much time with Wooyoung."

"Right?! I'm so proud of her," you heard someone say from behind you. You turned around, mentally gasping when you realized who was standing behind you.

Jung Wooyoung . . . and Choi San.

"Great, now bye-bye!" Jongho says quickly, taking Hyunjin's hand and dragging her to who knows where.

Wooyoung took Hyunjin's seat while San dragged a vacant chair from the adjacent table. You noticed Mina staring at Wooyoung like as if he put all the stars in the sky. Everyone made small talk while you scanned your class schedule—three more classes and then you can go home.

"San! I was looking for you!" you heard someone say loudly, making you involuntarily glance up. It was Cho Yubin, followed by her three minions since sixth grade. Yubin sat on San's lap and kissed his cheek before turning to you with a smirk.

"Hello, Ahn Raena," she says in a fake sweet voice. "I see your hair grew."

When you were in seventh grade, Yubin was sitting behind you and she cut a wide strand of your hair with a pair of scissors during art class. The teacher just gave her a small warning to not do it again. Yubin spread a rumor that you cut your own hair yourself cause you were angry. You remembered how badly you were teased by your classmates. Right after school ended, you ran to the parlor and had to get your hair cut till the middle of your back. That was probably the worst day of your entire life cause you really loved your long, silky hair.

You weren't going to let your past make you weak now. Especially not in front of her.

"Hello, Cho Yubin," you say, using the same fake sweet tone as her's before. "I see you're still a fucked up bitch."

Yubin was taken aback, and so was Choi San. Hah. Did they still think you were still that weak, fragile girl?

"Excuse me?!" You could clearly see the anger all over her face.

"Do you know who the fuck you're talking to?!" One of her minions yelled at you; her raised voice brought a lot of attention from the students around. Oh, these girls always loved causing a scene.

"Nope," you shrug before taking the last sip of your juice. "I'm not interested to know either," you say before getting up from your chair. You check the time on your phone—six minutes until the bell rings. "Now, excuse me, I have a class to attend. Let's go, Sihyeon."

Sihyeon nods and you both start to walk to class. She looked so happy suddenly, you obviously had to ask why. "Why are you so happy?"

"I'm proud, actually," she says, pulling you into a hug. "I saw the way your face changed for a second when she mentioned your hair. Obviously, she's done shit to you in the past. I'm glad you spoke up, Raena."

You smiled. Yeah, you were proud of yourself too.

You sat beside Chaeyoung in class cause Sihyeon sits with Yewon. You noticed Kang Yeosang enter the class, followed by Song Mingi and Choi San.

"Raena, show me your class schedule," Chaeyoung says and you give your schedule sheet to her. "You have all the same classes as Sihyeon, Mingi, and San."

You raise an eyebrow. "I didn't see Mingi or San previously."

"They come to school during lunch sometimes," she says. "They can't really wake up after a night of getting wasted." You saw Yeosang wink at Chaeyoung before he took a seat behind you. San occupied the seat next to him.

You glance at Chaeyoung, raising an eyebrow. She clears her throat, before leaning close to you. "Yeosang and I are friends with benefits," she whispers.

"Oh, damn! Since when?"

"About three months."

"Chaeyoung, you know we can hear you, right?" San says in a honey-like voice. Perfect face, perfect voice.

She rolls her eyes. "I'm aware, mountain, and you know I don't care, right?" she says, making you and Yeosang chuckle.

-

End of Chapter 3.