Chapter 13

San watches your form leave the cafeteria. "She's with Minhyuk?" he asks after Sangchan and Hyunoh leaves, unable to hide his sadness. He couldn't really believe it; you were at his place yesterday, making out, so why would you suddenly date Minhyuk? But a part of him felt that maybe you really were with Minhyuk now.

"That's bullshit," Chaeyoung scoffs.

"Exactly," Yewon says. "I don't think Raena would ever get back with Minhyuk after the way he humiliated her when they broke up."

"But that was three years ago," San mumbles. "And both of them missed first hour today."

"They were in the court," Jongho says. "Something must have happened because Raena was getting up from the floor when we got there."

"Yeah, Hyunoh said she was—"

"San, do you seriously think that Raena would give head in a school sports court of all places?" Yeosang asks in an annoyed tone, cutting San off. "She isn't stupid."

"Let me finish what I was saying," Jongho starts. "What I meant was she looked like she was getting up from being pushed to the floor." San sighs. He was overthinking the situation.

"San, you like her, don't you?" Wooyoung asks. Of course, everyone could see that San liked you, but they wanted to hear him admit it himself.

"I do."

"That's why you're overthinking," Yunho says. "I know Raena likes you as well."

"She does...?" It was rare to see an unconfident San.

"You should see the way she looks at you, Sannie," Mingi says. "Now go after her, she seemed really upset."

~

San searched the whole school for you and was about to give up until he realised that he didn't go to the rooftop of the main building. Students weren't allowed there but he never really cared about school rules anyway.

Fortunately for him, you were there. You were sitting down against the wall, staring at the moving clouds in the afternoon sky. The rooftop used to be your main hiding spot when you used to get bullied.

San plopped down next to you, slightly panting from running around to find you. He looks at the bruise on your knee. "How did you get that?" You didn't answer him or look at him. "Raena, I'm asking you something."

When you didn't respond, he decided to guilt-trip you into telling him. "Fine, don't tell me," he murmurs. "Looks like I'm not important."

You frown and finally look at him. "I slipped, San. That's all."

He wasn't gonna give up. "I know you're lying... I thought you liked me enough to tell me," he says. "But fine, I guess I was wr—"

You kiss him to shut him up. "I do like you, Sannie."

He smirks. "Really? You like me?"

"Y-Yeah." Your cheeks turn pink. You just admitted to your crush that you like him.

He cups your cheek and kisses you softly. "I like you a lot too, Raena. I realized that when I watched you dance with Hu Chunyang at the club. I thought my heart was gonna explode when you asked me if you could give me a hickey. I really like you. Will... Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes!" you say happily. San giggles, kissing you all over your face before he crashes his lips onto yours.

After a while, San asks you about the bruise again. You were hoping that he forgot about it, but oh well.

"Just... promise me that you won't get mad or do anything," you say.

"That depends."

"San!"

"Fine," he agrees.

"Minhyuk got pissed cause he didn't like the way I spoke to him," you explain. "So he pushed me against the wall and then to the floor. That's all."

To say San was fuming would be an understatement.

He had the coldest look in his eyes that you've ever seen. His fists were clenched tightly, making his knuckles turn white.

"I'm going to fucking kill that bastard!"

"No! San, no! Just leave it alone, please."

"He fucking hurt you!" San half-yells, not looking at you. "Hell, he... he touched you." 

You cup San's cheeks, making him look at you. His eyes immediately soften when he makes eye contact with you. "I'm fine, Sannie. I don't want to cause any scenes. You guys already fight so much with that group. So please, please just leave it."

San takes a deep breath, placing his hand over your own on his cheek. "Okay," he agrees. "But if he hurts you again, or even touches you, I swear I'll break his face."

-

End of Chapter 13.