Chapter 30

You really hoped that what you were seeing was a joke, but it wasn't.

Your boyfriend, Choi San, was currently with another girl, ordering whatever the hell she wants.

And not just any other girl...

Cho Yubin.

The person you absolutely can't stand.

The person who made your life a living hell.

San knew you didn't like her at all. He knew everything that she did to you. Hell, he even witnessed her bully you a number of times before. So why was he with her of all people now?

You remembered that one of the girls in the school lavatory said that Yubin is San's ex-girlfriend. You immediately texted Sihyeon to check if that's true.

You:
Sihyeon, I need to ask you something.

Sihyeon:
Sure, go ahead.

You:
Did San date Cho Yubin?

Sihyeon:
Yeah, for like three years.
We aren't allowed to talk about her in front of him cause he hates it.
Why? Is everything alright, Rae?  

Tears were already running down your face. You felt terrible that San never even told you about it. Three years is a long time. You told Sihyeon everything that's been happening and made her promise not to tell Mingi or anyone else about it for now. She agreed even though she was beyond pissed right now.

You called San. He didn't pick up the first time or the second time, and it really sucked that you had to witness that.

Finally, he picked up the third time. "Hello?" he says softly.

"Hey, Sannie," you say, hoping your voice was stable enough. "Where are you? I hope I'm not disturbing you..."

"Um, I'm at... my parents' house," he lies. You involuntarily sniffle. "Are you crying? What's wrong?" he asks worriedly. "Baby, are you alright?"

Well, at least he called you 'baby' in front of her.

"I'm fine," you say softly, even though more tears were streaming down your face. "I just... wanted to tell you that I'm leaving to Singapore tonight."

You see him frown. "Suddenly?"

"My grandmother is really ill," you answer. "I'll be back next week."

"Oh," he mumbles. "Do you want me to come over right now?"

"No, you're busy anyway. I'm leaving to the airport in a few minutes. I'll see you next week," you say and hang up before he could say anything. You leave the cafe without him noticing.

You mind was completely blank while you walked back to your apartment. You didn't know what to think.

You couldn't accuse him of cheating on you because you didn't have solid proof. You realized that all these days that he was on his phone, he was probably texting her. He already lied more than three times now. However, when you saw them together at the cafe, it really just looked like two friends having a drink. They weren't holding hands or sitting close to each other. He didn't even look at her the way he looks at you when you speak.

Still, a part of you thought that maybe he really is cheating on you.

As soon as you got home, you searched for Yubin's instagram profile. Her account was public so you could see her stories. There was a picture of San cooking something, and both of them watching a movie.

His ex-girlfriend was at his apartment last night and he didn't even tell you. Did he really think that you would never find out?

"Raena, it's time to leave... why are you crying?!" Sakura runs towards you. She immediately pulls you into a hug, letting you cry on her. She holds you in silence until you calm down. You tell her everything that happened.

"Do you want me to ask Seonghwa to talk to San about it?" she asks.

"No, please don't," you say. "I want San to talk to me about this himself. If he doesn't say anything in two weeks, I'll talk to him about it, or... I don't know, we'll see then."

-

End of Chapter 30.