Chapter 3

I entered my apartment just a little after 7. If I expected Ian to be there, I was sadly mistaken. I guess he headed out anyway since I was originally supposed to be going to Garren's event tonight. I threw my things on the nearby dining chair making a beeline for the bathroom so that I could take a hot bath. I was all kinds of frozen from walking home after getting off the train.

"Alexa, play some pop music for me, please." I call out to my assistant. I love modern tech.

Justin Beiber starts playing and I start to sway my hips as I enter the bathroom. I turn on the water and undress carelessly discarding my clothing on the floor.

Nothing like wondering about in the nude, it's so liberating. I think to myself as I go back into the kitchen to pour a glass of wine so that I could relax with it as I soak in the tub. Ian would have a fit if he walked in right now and saw me. He is such an old prude and so lucky that I find him attractive.

I light several of my candles and place them around the tub before easing my way into the water. The temperature is perfect. I slide the over-the-tub tray towards me, taking the folded washcloth placing it over my eyes. I reach out gently to take the glass of wine. I take a sip, the dark red liquid instantly soothing my frayed nerves. One by one I feel my muscles relax. I need to revel in this sweet moment because who knows when I will get another chance? I am pretty sure that I will practically be living in a hovel outside of my new VP's home just so I can be available 24-7.

My brain screeches to a halt at that thought and my dismay at been given this assignment is rekindled.

"Dammit, Jonathan!" I grumble.

He had called himself "doing me a favor", but I don't see how that could be possible. The man actually called what he had done a promotion. There were "lots of people that wanted the opportunity", he had said. Why didn't he just choose one of them? Janet clearly wanted the position, what could he possibly be thinking by putting me in this position? I belonged out on the scene, not chained to a desk. This is just going to be awful. I sank down under the surface moaning as I did so.

After a few more minutes of sulking, I decided to get it together. Whether I wanted to or not, there was homework that needed to be done. I have yet to go over my new bosses portfolio and I didn't want to make it blatantly obvious that I loathed my new position. I pushed the tray away and began to wash, the scent of my tropical papaya body wash taking me to a far off place with beaches and margaritas before depositing me in my bedroom.

I changed into my pajamas just as the door buzzed. Perplexed, I made my way out to of my room taking a second to decide if I really wanted to answer it or not so I switched on the TV so that I could see who it was through the camera that I had mounted out in the hallway.

There was a six-foot tall platinum blonde staring expectantly at my camera with his hands on his hips wearing skinny jeans and a Pink Floyd t-shirt.

A moment later, he sashays his way through the open door and says nothing as he finds his way into my bedroom and I soon hear my closet doors slide open.

"Hey Greg!" I say to the empty hallway. "Why don't you come in?" I push the door closed and follow him to my room. "What are you doing in there?" I ask shortly before he emerges from my closet with three outfits and a few accessories.

"I, your fairy godmother, have come to get you ready for the ball." He said shoving the clothing at me then proceeded to go through my shoes.

"I told you Greg, I can't go to the premier party tonight, I need to look over everything so I can be caught up on all I need to know about this new VP-" I stopped as he placed several pairs of shoes on top of the things already in my hands. "Greg!"