Chapter 23

"Are you here?"

"Um, yeah, where else would I be?"

"Very funny. Now where are you?"

"Over by the stage, next to the stairs."

"Oh, okay, I am on my way over to you, please don't move before I get over there. I just might turn around and go home if I don't see you."

"So dramatic. Just hurry up, I might be important, but I have not achieved 'stop the world' status." I hear laughter. A minute or so went by before a familiar head of blue hair appeared before me. "I see you, keep walking straight." He looks up and I wave furiously.

"This is SO not my type of crowd." He yells into my ear a few moments later as I hug him.

I look at him innocently. "What do you mean?" I ask as several Queens glide by us in all of their glory at Pride. I indicate them with a wave of my hand. "How is this not your scene?" A smirk lights my face. "Are these not your peoples?"

"You know I prefer the quiet, intellectual types. These people running around here?" He trailed off rolling his eyes.

"Hey, don't be so judgey! I just met this one guy who might be perfect for you. He may be wearing a mesh body suit, six-inch heels and a killer wig at the moment, but he is studying law over at New England."

He looks at me with a raised brow. "You don't say? Well where is this fine specimen?"

I indicate the stage with a tilt of my chin and he turns around and his mouth falls open. "What? She is GORGEOUS!" He stares in what looks to be love-struck awe, a thing I have never before witnessed from this pretty-boy. On the stage before us, the fore mentioned law student, who goes by the stage name 'Sweet Tort', is dancing to 'Side to Side' by Ariana Grande. Suddenly without taking his eyes off the performer, he punches me hard in the arm making me yelp, jumping backward. "Why haven't you already introduced me?" He asked looking like a kid who lost his favorite toy.

"I was getting around to it. Why do you think I was working so hard to get you over here? Like you said, this isn't your type of crowd." I say with a huge grin on my face. "Maybe it should be."

He only spared me a glance long enough to make a face before looking back at the stage, he started to sway slightly to the song (he doesn't even like Ariana Grande) grinning ear to ear. I took a step back folding my arms watching in wonder as he became totally wrapped up in Sweet Tort's performance and I couldn't help but giggle at him. He's a goner; I guess I should spend time with him now because he is going to drop off of the face of the Earth soon.

I smiled at the stylish man across from me who is dressed now in dark blue jeans, a polo shirt and a very nice pair of loafers. With or without the make up and hair, Riyan is a gorgeous individual. "So how long does it take you to get done up for a performance?" I asked before shoving more nachos into my mouth followed up with some of my margarita. At Greg's insistence, we left the celebration a little early to get something to eat, I got to choose where and I wanted tex-mex. On the way to the restaurant, it quickly became apparent that I had been charged with keeping the lines of communication open because Greg was just too awestruck for conversation, even though that was his goal when he had me ask Riyan if he could join us.

Anytime Riyan asked him a question, he just giggled like a teenager. At first I was little taken aback because if anyone could talk your ear off, Greg could. I ended up having to cut him some slack however, because apparently to hear Greg tell it, my behavior was the same the night I met K-, him.

"-And, well for today's performance, it only took a little over 30 minutes for today. The performance was a little small scale, so just enough makeup for coverage and what I like to call a quick wig."