Chapter 25

I stepped out of the car and shut the door. I looked myself over in my reflection on the driver's side window. I still looked a bit tired, but at least my eyes weren't puffy. Thank god for cucumbers. After Greg left, I almost called Janet to tell her that I had changed my mind, but then thought about the promise I had made to Greg and it was just easier to put up with her shenanigans than to stay home and be alone with my thoughts. So I called her and asked if she could meet up with me a little sooner and she happily obliged.

I took a deep breath letting it out slowly as I replaced my sunglasses and flattened down my hair a little. I was in the garage, but I am going to play the role of the superstar I am supposed to be and wear them anyway.

I entered the lobby and looked around. The place was very top notch with beautiful chandeliers that threw tiny rainbows everywhere from the lights that shown through the larger teardrop shaped beads that hung down. I could tell this was an older hotel from the architecture, but it is beautifully modern with its décor. An image of the ballroom from Rena's party came to mind then and I had to shake myself free of the memory before it could take hold.

Looking over the people in the lobby, I realized Janet had yet to arrive and so I made my way over to a set of chairs next to a tiny fountain. I took a seat and pulled out my phone to send her a text. A few minutes later, my phone buzzes.

Parking now. See you in a few.

We rode the elevator up to the garden terrace where the ballroom is located. According to the staff event planner the entire floor used to be multistory penthouse suites for Boston's high society, but was turned into the ballroom and garden due to being more cost effective among other things.

"This is fan-tastic! This place is top three definitely."

"Wow!" I exclaim in agreement, my jaw practically hitting the floor.

I looked all around the room taking in everything from the lighting style to the huge floor-to-ceiling windows. Then I noticed the view that came with those windows.

"Oh my god, the view!" Janet said suddenly after her eyes followed the direction that mine were in. She practically ran over and plastered her face to the glass like a kid looking through the window of a candy store.

I laughed at her as I took a picture to send to Greg. "This is awesome!" I typed quickly before hitting send and putting the phone back into my purse.

I saw a door off to the side that led to the garden, so I changed direction heading that way. I opened the door to step out. The entire garden was open, but there was an enclosed conservatory at the end of the stone path. I heard excited foot steps approach me from behind and a second later she was next to me "Oohing" and "Ah-ing".

"Gabe! Do you even think that we need to see any other place?" She said as she started down the path toward the conservatory. "I am seriously wondering why my sister did not choose this place. The only thing I can think of is that it might have been out of the budget, but she could've asked for some help from Mom and Dad."

"Wasn't that the whole issue to begin with? That she didn't want any outside help?" I asked a little uncertain as I checked my memory of the conversation that we'd had.

She nodded. "Yeah, but I am pretty sure that if either of my parents had given this place a look, they would have just paid for half of it behind her back or something.

"Well in that case, bring them down and let them see it, then tell them when they can write the check." I followed her down the path to the glass enclosed building.

She stopped suddenly whirling to face me, her hair whipping about her face as if she was modeling for a hair commercial, a hopeful smile on her face. "So does this mean that you will consider this place? Are you starting to at least warm up to the idea that planning this wedding can be fun?"