Chapter 19

"We are here."

The voice sounded far away and close at the same time. I hummed softly before readjusting my position. I didn't remember Ian coming over, but I was glad he was here because I needed to get over the dream I just had about being with Kai and going out to some party. The odd thing about him though, I realized as I ran my hand over his chest, was that he felt different. "When did you start working out?" I asked dazedly. "Doesn't matter, I like it." I say as I turn over then take his arm wrapping it around me and I can feel a soft vibration as he laughs at me. I then feel another hand moving my hair away from my face. Why couldn't it be like this with Kai? I wonder suddenly as I wrap my fingers around the hand that is pushing my hair away, pulling it down gently so I could rest my face against his palm.

Kai shakes me gently. "Gabe, wake up. We are here."

I float closer to the edge of my sleep. "What do you mean? Where is here?" I must have really been tired because I did not remember him coming or getting in a car. I open my eyes slowly and the first thing I see is the wet bar at the other end of the car. I lift my head to look around. "So, it wasn't a dream?" More laughter causing me to turn around and I stare up into an all too familiar pair of almond shaped eyes. I jump up moving away nearly falling off the seat, but Kai managed to catch me before I had a chance to do so.

"Hold on there," He says still chuckling while helping me to sit upright. "That must have been the best sleep ever."

I was horrified, really. "I am sorry! I didn't mean that." I say nervously.

"It's ok."

"But I- my hands-"

"I didn't mind. What is important is that you were able to get some rest. You must have needed it." He said as his eyes shown with the laughter he was holding in.

I could see that he was clearly enjoying himself at my expense. "If you mention this to anyone-" I begin, but he brushes me off.

"No worries, really. Besides, I think I would be as much to blame as you, right? You were just so cute and adorable while you were sleeping; also, it isn't everyday that I get felt up by a hot model. Garren would be so jealous of me!" He laughs aloud then just as the driver opens the door.

I quickly climb over him to exit the limousine attempting to pull myself together as I make it up the walkway.

"Gabe!" He calls after me still laughing. "I see you are back to normal again. Wait up!"

Soon, I hear footsteps approaching quickly from behind and then a hand grabs my upper arm and I am spun around so quickly, I almost loose my balance. His arms suddenly wrap around me to keep me from falling down. Just like that, I am staring him in the eye, our faces mere centimeters apart. I watch as the smile disappears from his face, his expression becoming more serious.

We stood there frozen seemingly forever just looking at each other. I eventually forced myself to break eye contact first, because if I had looked at him any longer, I would have kissed him right then and there. With the trance broken, he let me go stepping back slightly and I once again attempted to pull myself together. I looked at him again as I tucked some hair behind my ears.

"Sorry." He said suddenly. "I won't say anything." He then starts off toward the entrance. I follow him with my eyes, turning as I do so. After a few steps, he turns and comes back for me, a smile once again lighting his face as he takes my hand pulling me along with him up the walkway. I try to resist at first, but whom am I kidding? I would follow him anywhere, to hell even. He looks back at me at that moment and gives me a wink as if he also understands this about me. I curse myself as the realization dawns that I am just positively hopeless.