Chapter 6

About an hour later, I entered the restaurant and was greeted by a hostess. I told her whom I was there to meet and she asked me to follow her.

I had never been to this place before, but I had heard about it from friends. The place was classy, like, first date classy. The lighting was low and there were candles everywhere. I had no idea what they served, but from the décor, my guess would be Asian fusion.

The hostess led me to a table practically in the back corner of the place; my thoughts were set on fire as soon as I lay my eyes on him and I was suddenly grateful that I had a forty minute commute to get here because if he had caught me directly after happy hour, this night might have ended a little different.

He looked up from his phone and smiled as we joined him at the table. He stood to greet me and he was absolutely stunning dressed in all black; slacks, waistcoat and a crew neck shirt. His shoulder length black hair was pulled back into a short, messy, ponytail with a renegade lock falling over his face.

I think my heart just stopped. Again.

"Thank you." I managed to get out to the hostess before she walked away.

"Gabe, I was starting to think that you weren't going to make it." He said as he gave me a quick hug.

I reluctantly hug him back because at this point, if I hugged him properly, there would be a real chance of me not letting go. Even the slight hug that I gave him was enough for me to feel the hardness of his torso and the firmness of his arms as they briefly wrapped around me.

"Sorry." I said stepping away from him to take my seat. "The driver was a little late in picking me up and then we ran into a bit of traffic. It's only fifteen minutes past the estimated time I gave you."

He laughed at this. "True. Actually, I am just glad that you were able to meet me on such short notice. I know that Jonathan and David keep you quite busy."

I roll my eyes at the mention of the VP and my former supervisor. "The only reason I am available is because I will be in Washington D.C. Thursday morning."

"Oh?" He asked arching an eyebrow.

Why does this man have to be so gorgeous?"Yes. Eventually there will be a satellite office there. Probably within the next two months."

"Will you need to go down there more often?" He asked me leaning forward interlacing his hands, his big, beautiful, hands.

"About once a week. After everything is done and they officially open the office then I will need to go down there about twice a month." I confessed. I am going to be so out of the loop soon from all the time away.

I noticed how his face fell slightly at hearing this. Or was it my imagination? "Oh." He said as he looked down at his hands. "I was kind of hoping that you would be able to help me with this upcoming project as a favor."

"Oh? Really?" A huge grin slowly made its way across my face. "What is the project?"

A server appeared just then setting two drinks down on the table. "Are you ready to order now?" He asked looking back and forth between the two of us.

"I haven't even looked at the menu." I say quickly as I picked up the book. I wasn't even sure if I was hungry. I glanced over the appetizer section. It was indeed Asian fusion.

"Shall I come back?" The young man asked.

"No, no. Kai, go ahead and order something. You have been waiting long enough. Just bring me some spring rolls for now."

"I will have the beef ramen, spicy please."

"Can you bring out the spring rolls with his ramen, please? Thanks."