Chapter 10

"I still cannot believe that you are going to the Met Gala tonight! Ugh, I am so jealous! Are you taking Ian?"

I looked up briefly from my phone as I dodged around a person in front of me. I looked back down at the platinum-haired man on my screen. "Yeah, why not? It isn't like I have some one else to take. Besides, he has been really trying lately to turn my mood around. This will be my subtle way of letting him know that I appreciate what it is he's trying to do. Even if it is only because he thinks he did something wrong."

"I take it that you are over the other one, Mr. Tall, Hot and Handsome?"

"I want to say yes, but then there are times like yesterday that he came to mind while I was going through my closet for something and I came across the dress that I had on that night. Mind you, I buried it in the back of my closet for a reason, yet I still managed to come across it. I almost cried Greg. I am hoping that being a little more open to the possibilities with Ian will help me let go and forget. I know I have already said it a dozen times, but I hate feeling this way. If I saw him, I would most likely slap him for all the trouble he has caused me."

"No you wouldn't, don't lie to yourself like that." He looked away from the screen. "Okay, I am on the phone." He said suddenly to someone that had entered the room he was in. "Ok- okay I said! Can I finish my conversation first?" A pause. "Good. Thank you." There was a sound of a door shutting in the background as he turned his attention back to me. "These people I swear. Well as you heard, I need to get going. Please take lots of pics tonight I want to feel like I am right there with you. You are going to look so gorgeous in that gown. Love you, and have a wonderful time."

"Love you, too. Don't worry about me having a good time, that is a guarantee!" The screen blanks out and the music I was listening to before Greg's call resumes.

I started to get excited all over again as I enter my apartment and kick off my shoes. I was able to leave work early so I could go and get dolled up and my hair was looking fabulous. I went out in a limb and decided to straighten it and truthfully, I feel like a whole new person. I couldn't wait to see Ian's face. For as long as he has known me, he has never seen my hair not curly. I enter my room to fetch my custom dress out of the closet and squeal as soon as I see it.

When Jonathan confirmed that I would be able to attend the Gala, I immediately thought of Carmen, so I contacted Rena. Carmen was so excited that I had asked her to help me with my debut on the red carpet that she volunteered to send to me a concept design that she had been working on that just happened to be inspired by this year's theme, Angels and Demons. There was even a pair of wings!

I pulled down the zipper of the slipcover and squealed again as I saw the delicate golden fabric. I almost wanted to put it on right then, but I still had several other things to do first before I could actually put the dress on. I glanced at the clock on my nightstand. I still had two hours before the limo would arrive to take us to the city and just about everything was packed and ready. If all went smoothly, we were set to arrive in New York City at about 7pm.

"Gabe, are you here?" Came Ian's voice suddenly.

"Yes, I am in the closet." I hear his footsteps approaching and I step out of the closet as he enters the room.

"Sorry, I would have been here sooner, but I forgot to pick up my tux on the way home, so I had to go back-" He stopped in mid sentence upon noticing my appearance. "Wow! Your hair!"

"You like it? I thought just this once; I would like to do something different. I also figured it would accent the overall look."

Without another word, he crossed the distance between us pulling me close, his lips completely taking me over. I couldn't help but to get caught up in his enthusiasm.