Chapter 28

This time when the plane took off, I had a huge grin on my face. I leaned my head against the window as I snuggled into my borrowed hoodie. It smelled like him, like a spring day. He let me borrow his clothes for the trip to Florida and I purchased a pair of flip-flops from the Wal-Mart only because his were too large to be reasonable. I had to take the rooster flight this morning and I would be landing at Logan about an hour and a half before my flight to Miami thanks to a two-hour layover in Philly. At least I could get some rest while I waited for the next flight.

Last night played over and over in my mind. His parents ended up returning home several hours later saying that both parties decided to that it would be best if they just went on with the party turning it into an early birthday celebration for Seon-Joo's mother. Truth be told, her father was happy in spite of how I had last seen him because now his daughter would marry his choice for her. I was more worried about the hard feelings toward Kai, but according to his mother, there were none with the aforementioned reason being why.

It turns out I had been nervous for nothing. They loved me. Kai said it was because it's hard for people to not like me, and that there wasn't a doubt in his mind about whether or not they would. His dad couldn't get over how much I made his son smile.

It was hard for me to leave this morning, but I knew that after the week was over, I would be able to come back to Kai and pick up where we left off. The only problem now was how to explain myself to Ian. Greg offered to be there with me when I did it, but I told him that wouldn't be necessary. I decided that I did not want to do it over the phone though. I at least owed him that much. It would just have to wait until I came back from Miami. Suddenly I remembered that I invited him to come down and the smile left my face. I was going to end up having to tell him sooner than I wanted. I had several missed calls from him since yesterday afternoon and I just didn't have it in me to call him back, not yet.

The layover in Philly was uneventful as I spent most of it on the phone with Kai and Greg. Greg admitted he was surprised that everything worked out the way it did, and that he was ready to stand guard again over me. I told him that there would be plenty of other opportunities for him to hold me and rock me to sleep, like when ever Kai went out of town. He kindly thanked me for my invitation and said he would have to pass on that. He is lucky that I love him so much, but I knew this day would come, however. Just like that, he and Riyan are practically inseparable.

"Hello, this is Gabe."

An overly excited voice responds. "Hey, hot stuff! Ready for me to visit you? My flight is still on time, so I should be getting there about 7pm."

I grimace as I close my eyes. Should I say something now? Part of me wants to, but the other part would rather say it face to face. Either way, it will be hard. I was kinda of hoping that something inescapable would pop up and I would have to take a rain check. Now, however, I was starting to regret my stubborn insistence that he be told in person.

"Gabe? Are you there?"

"What? Oh, yeah, I thought someone was looking for me." I say quickly.

"I said that my flight is still on time and that I should get there by 7."

"All right." I say a bit absently even though I was trying not to.

"Great! See you then, bye. I love you."

"Me too, ok, bye." I ended the call putting my head down on the desk.

This is going to be interesting. Up side? He was only going to be here until Saturday morning. That is a little over a day and a half, I can hold on for that long right?

My phone rings again and I sigh as I lift my head, but my mood instantly changes once I hear the voice on the other end. "Hey, Garren!"

"I am mad at you woman!"