Chapter 13

I had to wait a whole week before I could meet up with him. My schedule had become hectic in the wake of my sudden popularity. Not only had the people at Vogue been trying to reach me, but several other publications had been as well. David had been more than accommodating telling me that my "15 minutes of fame" was doing great for the company and so I allowed myself to become a celebrity.

I had been nervous the entire day, and now as the moment inched closer to meet up with him, I was becoming a nervous wreck. I hadn't even spoken to him since I replied to his message; I hated to admit it, but I had actually missed talking to him. When I had heard his voice over the phone, my heart skipped a beat.

In spite of all that has happened, my heart still skipped a beat, unbelievable.

Maybe Greg was right; maybe this is a bad idea.It was a fine time to have second thoughts now though, as I reached for the door handle. Screw it I am here now.

Interestingly enough, it was the same restaurant I had first met him at all those months ago.

Upon entering I realized the place was full of people dining and waiting to be seated. I guess Sundays are popular. I gave my name to the hostess, also the same one from that evening.

She gave me an apologetic smile. "Sorry, it will be just a few minutes longer. The guests at that table took a little longer than expected. It just needs to be tidied up and then you can be seated. You are the first to arrive."

"Not a problem, thank you." I took a seat on the bench by the window. It was a good thing he reserved a table, we would have been waiting a while.

I took out my phone to check for messages. I was currently waiting for an email about tomorrow's staff meeting and my evening interview with a popular fashion blogger. I opened the message from Jonathan and read through the detail of tomorrow's agenda. It seemed pretty strait forward, and it was even at a decent time, 8 a.m. I wont complain either because the last three were at seven. "Oh joy, I get to bring breakfast." I say aloud as my eyes glaze over that piece of info. I open the Panera Bread app on my phone and immediately place an order for pick up: coffee, bagels and danishes.

I will have a few enemies at the table tomorrow.I cackle maniacally as I switch back to the email. A text message suddenly appears on my screen.

"I will be there in another ten minutes. I was delayed at work"

"Ok."I press send, then: "No rush, I am still waiting to be seated anyway. It is quite busy here today."My heart suddenly jumps up into my throat as a flock of butterflies took up residence in my stomach. I close my eyes taking several deep breaths. I didn't know why I was becoming so anxious as I was pretty certain about what he was going to say.

"Gabe?" I open my eyes to see the hostess coming toward me. "Your table is ready now, if you will follow me please. She grabbed two menus as she walked past the host station.

We wound our way through the tables and people following a path that became familiar as we moved onward. She was taking me to the exact table that we had sat at all that time ago.

"Here you are." She said setting the menus down on the table. "The waiter will be over shortly with your drink."

I nodded. Wait. "My drink?" I looked up after sitting down, but she was already gone.

I checked my phone for what felt like the hundredth time and finally ten minutes was just about up. I looked out across the large room as much as I could, but there is still no sign of Mr. Shin. I thought about how long he had to wait for me that day, and decided to settle down and get confortable. My drink appeared a moment later.