Chapter 24

"I think you should go with her. You need to get your mind occupied with something else." He took two plates out of the cabinet setting them on the table.

I watched as he brought over the eggs and scooped some out of the frying pan onto my plate, and then his own. When he returned to the table, he took up the plate of bacon as he sat down across from me.

"I want to, but I just don't know. What if I have a breakdown or something?" I took some of the bacon from the offered plate. "I don't want to have to explain myself or even make excuses so that I won't have to. She wants me to go with her to this one hotel later on this afternoon and then over to some restaurant about an hour from here. I just don't know what to do." After Thursday's debacle, I decided to take Greg up on his advice and not be comatose, but only because my plan failed so miserably.

"You will be OK. You are way stronger than you think." He takes a bite of his bacon and winks at me.

I simply shrug in response. "So, are you excited about your big date tonight?" I ask putting on a smile. The truth is, I really am excited for him. When he thought that I was still asleep this morning, I over heard him on the phone. They sounded so cute that it almost killed me, almost.

He looked at me blinking, a piece of toast paused from entering his mouth. "Are you asking because you want me to praise you for getting over yourself and letting me actually go out and enjoy myself?"

"No! I am really asking here. Where did the two of you decide to go?"

"We are going back for another performance at Pride."

My eyes grew large as I watched him bite off a piece of toast and then a fork full of eggs like he had just told me that they were just going to catch a movie.

"Really? Oh. My. Goodness. You're already whipped!" I giggle as Greg turns as red as an apple. "Oh, Gabe, you have out done yourself. Maybe I should open up a matchmaking business?

"Eat your food!" He said trying desperately to be serious but his voice trailed off meekly.

"I just knew it, I really did! Man, I wish I could've made a bet on that, it would have been a nice payday." I pick up a piece of toast and piled some eggs onto it suddenly in the mood to eat something and I take a bite. "Oh that's right! He is performing again this afternoon! That's even better. You are going so you can fangirl aren't you?" I wiggled my eyebrows and laughed. This literally made my day. "This has put me in a generous mood, Sir. Take the rest of the day off. I hear by release you from your friendship obligation of babysitting me. Go out and enjoy!"

He laughed into his glass. "You are too gracious. I will remain with you until it is time for him to pick me up. He is doing school work until then."

"I see, well then, we can be couch potatoes until it's time for you to go; watch a movie or three."

He nodded. "So will you go with Janet?"

I fuss over the eggs on my plate. "I guess I can. I don't want you to be worried about me instead of having a good time. If I end up needing a moment, I can run off to the bathroom or something and since the sun is all bright and shinny, I will be able to get away with wearing sunglasses all day to hide my red eyes." This caused Greg to drop his fork away from his mouth and frown. "I am kidding. Kinda. Sorta. Look, I will do the best I can and I will send you selfies of me attempting to have fun, okay?"

He smiled reaching across the table to cover my hand with his. "That is all I can ask of you, my love. However, if it becomes too daunting of a task, give me a call and I will come back post haste. Just try to make sure it is not until after I have had enough fun."