Chapter 2

"You keep pointing the arrow away," you said to Link, who seemed to be distracted by his surroundings. He turned his head to look at you before giving a sheepish smile. His attention then went back to the slate. He started to turn his body and the slate in direction of the glowing point.

"Sorry about that," Link said, his eyes glued to the Sheikah Slate. You couldn't help but chuckle softly. Your eyes made their way up to the sky, seeing the sun now slowly descend from its highest peak. You looked back to Link, standing on your toes a bit to see the slate and how far the point was. From what you could tell, you guys would be reaching it pretty soon. You nodded a bit and went back to admiring your surroundings, that is until Link began mumbling things.

"Weird," Link said to himself, his eyes squinting as he looked at the screen and then around. "Apparently the glowing point is supposed to be there." He pointed to two large rocks that met together at the top, leaving a wide gap from the middle and down. You rose an eyebrow and looked at the screen and then the rocks. It certainly was weird, but soon you noticed a rusty golden coloured arch in between the rocks. There also seemed to be a platform there, and in the centre there was something, but you couldn't make out what it was.

"There seems to be something between the large gap of the rocks," you told him. Without a thought, you went towards the rocks, with a bit of cautiousness of course. You hoisted yourself up, stepping onto the platform before walking towards a cylinder-shaped... thing. You knelt, fingers coming in contact with the thing in front of you. You examined it closely, seeing a rectangular shaped opening in the middle of the object's surface. There were also lines engraved deep into the stone. It was glowing a burnt orange colour which puzzled you a bit. What is this?

"Woah," Link said as he walked towards you. He also began examining it until his slate began beeping more loudly. You stood up and looked at him, eyes then travelling down to see words appear on the screen. Place the Sheikah Slate in the pedestal, it said. You rose an eyebrow and looked at the pedestal and then Link.

"Guess we do what it says," Link said, eyes meeting yours for a few seconds before going back down to the slate. He followed the instructions, hesitantly looking at the pedestal before placing the Sheikah Slate in it. For a few moments, nothing happened, which made you grow rather anxious. Suddenly, the slate turned by itself, the screen now facing you both as a bright orange glow came from it momentarily. Once the glow went away you leaned in closer to the screen, words appearing once again.

"What does it say?" Link asked you.

"Sheikah Tower activated," you read. Just as those words finished coming out of your mouth, the screen showed another sentence. "Please watch for... falling rocks?"

"Why would there be falling ro—," Link was cut off by the crashing sound of rocks. The platform you both stood on began to shake violently, causing you and him to fall on your backs. The impact made you wince slightly, but that was the least of your worries because more rocks began coming down. You quickly moved your arms over your head, in hopes of protecting yourself. You had absolutely no idea what was going on, but one thing was certain. You were rising.

To be more specific, the platform Link and you were on was rising. You didn't dare stand to see how high up you guys were going, since fear of falling off came into your brain. Soon enough the violent shakes died down, and everything seemed still. Cautiously, you began to peek through your arms to check if everything was alright. You caught sight of Link, who was still laying flat on the ground.

"Are... are you alright?" You asked with a gulp, now slowly sitting up. You kept your eyes on Link, simply waiting for a response.

"Yeah, peachy," he answered with a small cough. "Holy Hylia, that fall sure hurt."