Chapter 10

You rose your sword as you kept your eyes on Link. He had the marvellous idea of fighting each other, to keep your swordsmanship intact. But you knew he also wanted to see who was better at sword fighting. You began to twirl your sword around effortlessly, nodding your head to let him know you were ready. A smirk formed on his lips as he brought his shield over his chest, charging towards you on light feet. You did the same, and when you saw his sword getting ready to come down on you, you brought your shield up.

Successfully blocking the attack, you grinned and with enough strength you were able to push him off. He stumbled back, but was quick to regain balance. You ran to him, getting ready to swing your sword against him, but he side stepped. In the moment that your back was exposed to him, he quickly moved to press the tip against your back, but you whipped around. You hit his sword with yours, grinning when the sound of metal clashing came into your ears.

Link growled and moved a bit back. The two of you started to circle around each other and you stayed on your toes, prepared for any surprises he might've wanted to pull off. You did the first move. You grunted as you swung your sword, but Link easily blocked your strike. He parried and started to clash his sword against yours.

He wasn't going easy on you, that you were certain of. Each strike he did made your arms ache and he didn't give you much time to get used to the feeling. Link repeatedly twirled to avoid your attack, shielded himself from your blows, and overall blocked anything coming his way. His skills were amazing and this didn't surprise you, with him having the hero spirit and all. Despite his breathtaking abilities you used all your strength to fight with the same amount of determination.

You thrusted your sword towards him, but he turned and blocked it. Link smirked and with his shield he pushed you away, causing you to fall onto the ground.

He made a move to fake stab you, but you quickly rolled away. As you moved to get up, he ran to you, bringing his sword down. You were able to block it with your own, but he started to press down on you. He used his weight to press with more force, and it caused your hands to shake a bit. You pushed up, doing your best on rising from the ground without losing your balance. You then thought of something. As he continued pressing down you jumped to the side.

Link fell forward, dropping his sword in the process. He reached to grab it, but you bent down, taking it swiftly and then pointed the swords at his neck. "Bad move Link," you cooed in a cocky manner. He looked at you with a stoic face, which made you snicker as you handed him his sword.

"The... sun got in my eye," he said, making up an excuse for losing. "So technically you took advantage of me."

"Oh sure," you said sarcastically as you nodded your head. He cracked a smile and got up, dusting his clothes once he was standing. "You'll win another time," you commented in a teasing manner. This earned you a tiny glare, which only made you laugh.

"Laugh all you want (Y/n), but mark my words I'll get you back another time," Link declared as he put his sword and shield away. You did the same.

"And I look forward to that," you replied with a grin. You hummed out happily and skipped over to your horses. "Now that we've established who's better at sword fighting, I believe we should get going."

"No, no. I demand a rematch soon. So don't say you're the better sword fighter just yet," he said as he ran over to your side.

"Link, just accept that I won," you chuckled, shoving him playfully with a grin.

"Nope."

"Oh dear Hylia," you muttered to yourself. You rolled your eyes with a smile and walked in front of Zephyr and Epona, who were both grazing on the grass. "Epona, your owner is too stubborn to accept the fact that I'm better then him," you spoke in a teasing tone, petting Epona's head softly as a chuckle escaped your lips. Epona snorted out to your words and directed her view towards Link.