Chapter 7

Link woke up the moment the suns rays touched his eyelids. He grumbled quietly and slowly opened them. The contact with the bright sun made his blue eyes irritated, so he quickly turned away and allowed them to adjust. Once they did he directed them towards you. You were still resting against a tree, which made him smile. He had decided to let you rest an entire day and a half and seeing you in such a soothing state made him almost not want to wake you. Either way, he sat up and scooted close to you.

"(Y/n)," he said softly. You didn't respond which made him snicker. He then felt a rumble in his stomach. "(Y/n), come on I'm hungry."

This made you move a bit. It wasn't a lot of movement, but it was clear you were beginning to wake up. Your eyes fluttered open, only to meet Links blue ones. "Make yourself something," you mumbled before moving your head to the side. You closed your eyes and almost fell asleep again, but Link started to poke your arm. It was a childish thing he had come to do every so often, especially when he wanted something.

"You know I can't make anything good," he reminded you. You breathed out and turned your head to look at him. He was already putting on his best puppy dog eyes, in hopes of persuading you to make food. It took mere seconds for you to cave in.

"Alright, hand me my satchel please," you said in defeat as you fumbled off the ground. Link was quick to respond. He grabbed your satchel and gave it to you with a wide grin. You then rummaged through it. It didn't take long to find a couple of herbs and mushrooms that were stashed deep beneath other ingredients. "I'll make you some steamed mushrooms, sound good?"

Link nodded as a response and to be of some help he started a fire for you. He then crossed his legs and simply watched you cut up a few herbs and mushrooms. "Want me to help in something?" He asked with a tilt of his head. You looked up from the uncooked food and hesitated.

"Could you maybe look for some big leaves to place the food on once it's done?" You asked with a half-smile.

"Sure thing," he said, a content look on his face. He enjoyed helping out, even if it was for something small. "Be right back." He stood up from the ground and grabbed his weapons, just in case he came across any monsters. When he had everything he needed, he ran off towards another group of trees that didn't lay too far from where you were.

You then moved your attention back to the food that was now roasting over the fire. With a stick you began to poke at it, turning the mushrooms around when needed and so on. The sizzling sound was awfully satisfying and the delicious scent of the well-combined foods made your mouth water. When you figured the mushrooms were cooked enough, you looked up to check if Link was coming with the leaves. They would act as your plates.

"I got them!" Link shouted as he ran to you. He panted a bit before setting down on the ground. "Here." He handed you three huge leaves and soon helped put the mushrooms on them. "We really need plates."

"Agreed," you laughed. Once the mushrooms were divided evenly between the two of you, you began to eat. The taste made you hum, and as always you were grateful for the skill the goddesses put in you. Link also enjoyed the flavourful meal. He ate quickly —as always— but he was clearly satisfied in the end. He licked his lips and patted his belly with a content smile.

"Delicious food as always," he stated in a pleased tone. You smiled before eating the remaining scraps of food you had. Link then rose his eyes to look at the trail that continued to the Deuling Peaks.

"We should get going," he suggested as he gathered his things. He made sure to carry your satchel once he fastened his weapons to his belt. "I'm pretty sure we'll reach the peaks today."

"Okay," you said. You started picking up everything, and once you were done you stood up. "I can carry my own satchel Link." You didn't want him to carry the heavy bag, but he shook his head.