Chapter 18

The East Reservoir would have been a beautiful place if it had not been for the horrible weather that was spread across the heavens. Dark gloomy clouds covered most of the area, but your attention wasn't on this at all. Instead, your eyes stayed locked on the ancient mechanical beast that rested in the centre of the lake. The elephant-shaped beast was glowing a dark red in some parts, lighting up most of its surroundings. The trunk of this mechanical being was pointed up, and every once in awhile it would trumpet loudly, causing the ground beneath you to rumble. The powerful shake almost made you lose your balance, but Link held onto your arm to keep you from falling.

You looked at him with a tiny smile before directing your eyes to the lake. "So that's the Divine Beast," you breathed. Part of you was amazed by it, while the other part was worried. You knew one of Ganon's creations resided inside, which made you wonder how Link and you would defeat it. If it had the power to annihilate Mipha... will it do the same to us? You glanced at Link, who was gawking over the magnificent being.

"Looks pretty cool," he said, smiling as he lowered his eyes to the dock. There, at the edge, stood Sidon. The Prince kept his head up, and Link figured he was looking upon the beast. "Come on." Link grabbed your hand and pulled you toward the Zora quickly. You let yourself be tugged, though you kept your eyes on the Divine Beast.

When Prince Sidon heard your footsteps he turned around and sent you both his signature charming grin. "Ah Link, (Y/n), I'm glad to see the two of you made it!" He exclaimed as he threw his arms open. "Did you both succeed in getting the shock arrows?"

You gently moved your hand from Link and showed your quiver full of arrows. "Yes," you responded with a tiny smile.

"Wonderful! Now, let us go and appease that Divine Beast!" Sidon said with a wide grin.

"Wait," Link held up a finger and turned to look at you. He sighed and spoke up somewhat slowly. "I want you to stay here." It was almost like he knew how you were going to react because he lowered his head to avoid your gaze.

You raised your eyebrows, not expecting those words at all. Immediately you shook your head as a frown set on your face. "What? Absolutely not," you protested. The very idea of him going off to an unknown area with unknown monsters made your heart race with worry and fear. Your responsibility of taking care of him started to kick in, provoking you to question why he wanted you to stay behind. But he started to talk before you could do so.

"(Y/n)," Link looked up at you. He took your hands in his, softening his eyes as he gazed into yours. He could see you were ready to disagree with his words again, but before you could he started to speak. "This is something I have to do. Besides, I can't let you get hurt by one of Ganon's creations so please," he pleaded. "Stay behind." Yes, he would prefer you to be by his side, but the thought of you getting hurt scared him.

Your eyebrows knitted together, worry clear in your expression. "But what if you get injured?" You asked stubbornly. "Or need my help in some way?"

The boy smiled at your show of concern. "I can take care of myself you know," he chuckled.

"I know that, but," you slowly lowered your head down, keeping your eyes on his hands. How were you supposed to tell him that you needed to be by his side? To aid him just in case? You opened your mouth to speak up, but Link beat you to it again.

He gently lifted your chin and made eye contact with you. "Hey, I know that you want to help me. But I'll be fine, okay?" He did his best in reassuring you, and he hoped he had. His attention went to the Divine Beast that trumpeted once again, making the ground bellow you shake furiously. Link instinctively held onto you, making sure the two of you didn't go off balance and fall. The bombastic sound drummed through his ears, causing him to wince before directing his attention to the Prince.