Chapter 5

You stretched your arms over your head as you followed behind Link. An entire week had passed since completing the previous shrine. Your legs were tired from walking a lot, and you needed to rest, but you didn't speak up about your weary feeling. It was a rather cold day —with you two being close to the snowy mountains— but the scenery around you was lovely. The skies were painted with a light blue colour, and down on earth, you were filled with so much beautiful green that came from nature.

"It's a pretty day today," you said softly, eyes looking around you before meeting Link's. He looked up at you for a few seconds before taking in the landscape he was missing out on, due to being focused on the Sheikah Slate. He sighed out, admiring the beauty that was nature.

"It really is... sucks we have to spend the day searching for this shrine," Link muttered, with a slightly annoyed tone. No doubt the previous days had been rather stressful since the last shrine was not at all easy to get to. Both of you had to travel through some snowy parts of land, but the cold nearly froze the two of you to death. In order to not trudge through the cold areas, Link decided it would be best to find a long way around, even though he figured the last shrine would be deep within the cold mountains.

You sighed out, agreeing with his words before rubbing your neck. "Maybe we can take a day off?" You asked, your voice getting a bit high pitch with the last word. You didn't know if he would be up to it. After all, he needed to get the paraglider from the Old Man and if you delayed him from that... well, you wouldn't be doing your part of helping him. "Actually, nevermind. We should probably get to the last shrine as soon as possible."

Link perked up at the words 'day off'. He liked the idea, but when you changed your mind he pouted. "Why did you get me excited? A day off sounds amazing," he groaned. He put his Sheikah Slate away before resting his hands on his hips. "I say we enjoy today at least. We can simply continue our way to the next shrine tomorrow morning."

You rose an eyebrow at his words and then hesitated for a few moments. "Are you sure? I mean I agree, but don't you want to get to the last shrine?"

"I do, but we deserve to rest, don't you think?" Link reasoned, doing his best to persuade you. In hopes of getting you to agree he pouted and made his lips quiver while he put on his best puppy dog eyes. Now, this was a look you couldn't resist at all. You sighed out, and that served as your response.

"Yes!" Link said, raising his fist in the air with a content grin. "Okay, I am going to go take a nap cause I'm tired." He then skipped over to a large tree that provided a wide area of shade. He began to set his things on the grass before coming down onto the ground. He crossed his legs and brought his hands up and under his neck, which made his rest more comfortable. His eyes fluttered close, and pretty soon you assumed he was asleep.

"How does he sleep so quickly?" You asked yourself with a quiet chuckle. You went over to him quietly and started to put your satchel and weapons on his as well. A nap sounded delightful to you, but you felt like using this relaxation time on something else. You hummed, your eyes scanning the area before landing on a bed of flowers that didn't lay that far. A smile tugged your lips, and you slowly went over to them.

An idea popped into your head, so you started to collect many of the colourful flowers. Once you had enough, you went back to where Link was and sat across from him. You looked at his resting state, smiling when you heard his soft breathing. He really did look peaceful, so you did your best to not disturbing that peacefulness by remaining quiet.

You crossed your legs and laid the many flowers on the ground. The thought of making a flower crown came into your mind, so you occupied yourself with that. You weren't sure how'd it turn out since you had never done one before, but you enjoyed yourself nonetheless. As your fingers began twisting around the stem of the flowers, you heard a weird rumbling sound. You rose an eyebrow and looked up, seeing Link rub his stomach.