Chapter 26

"I hate these Octorok's," you grumbled as you lowered your bow. The path you traversed on had been infested with annoying creatures that would constantly hurl explosive boulder's toward Link and you after a long inhale. Dodging these rocks was nearly impossible, and attacking the Octorok was even more so because anytime you tried to approach it, the creature would yelp, dig into the ground, and hide until it no longer felt your presence. This irritated you greatly, but you solved the problem by shooting an arrow whenever the monster got ready to spew out another explosive boulder from its mouth.

Link huffed and wiggled his arm to remove the crumbled pieces of rock that stuck on his armour. "Me too. They disturbed my concentration-time," he muttered childishly.

You let out an airy chuckle and placed the bowstring over your shoulder. "Well don't worry, I got rid of them so you can concentrate all you want now," you spoke in a baby voice and to tease him more, you pouted your lips and patted his helm. You grinned when you got a glare as a response. "Anyway, how's the whole nickname thing coming along?" You tilted your head and rested your hands on your hips.

He puffed his cheeks out and looked toward the trail. Even though he had seen you kill all the Octorok's, he wanted to make sure one hadn't survived before resuming the walk toward the Abandoned North Mine. "I've made no progress whatsoever," he admitted as he held onto your arm. He stood straight and looked down at you. "But I'm sure I'll think of one soon enough." His voice portrayed a sense of optimism and hearing it made you smile.

"Well, don't stress over it. I don't mind not having one," you giggled and pulled him forward. You parted your lips to say something else, but you paused when a wave of heat blew between the small bars in your helm, hitting your face. You scowled and moved your head down, in an attempt of protecting yourself from the stinging air. "Oh, my goddesses. Why is it so hot here?" Granted, you were surrounded by lava and whatnot, but the area you were now entering was becoming unbearable. Even with the fireproof armour you were wearing, the deadly heat still made itself known.

Link grimaced the minute he felt the heat as well. "I have no idea," he said, quietly groaning when he felt a small bead of sweat run down his spine. "But hey, at least we're finally here." He gestured toward the mine with his head and then squinted his eyes, spotting a Goron standing just ahead. "Let's ask that guy if he's seen Yunobo."

You followed his gaze and nodded. "Okay," you said as you walked toward the Goron at a much more motivated pace. You practically dragged Link with each step you took, but he didn't stop you from doing so, no. If anything, he tried matching your pace.

Once you were closer to the focused Goron, you came to a halt and glanced at Link, who gave you a type of look that indicated he wanted you to talk. You exhaled and faced the Goron, who remained unaware of your presence. "Excuse me," you cleared your throat, which caused him to look up.

The Goron looked at Link and you before shaking his head. "Yeesh, what's goin' on today? So many people out and about," he spoke rhetorically as he placed the handle of a hammer over his shoulder. "You two should know it gets much hotter past here, and there are lots of monsters." He warned before releasing a heavy sigh. "That being said, did you need something?"

You affirmed his words with a nod of your head. "Yes. Do you happen to know where Yunobo is?" You asked as you fixed your helm. "Bludo, your boss, sent me and my partner here to look for him."

The Goron gasped as a surprised expression dawned over his features. "Huh? Boss sent you?!" He hastily shifted his body and pointed toward a series of small rocky islands that were spread out atop the blazing lava. "He went to the vault to fetch some painkillers. But now that you mention it, I suppose he never came back." He gestured at a vault that sat on top of a steep hill before facing you again. "This place is dangerous, so you two probably shouldn't go lookin' for him."