Chapter 29

Your eyes fluttered open the moment you felt something warm against your cheek. For a few seconds, your vision was fuzzy, but as your eyes adjusted to the sunlit room, you turned red. Your face was pressed against Link's neck, and his chin sat casually on the top of your head. His strong arms held your frame protectively and his legs were intertwined with yours. You let out a tiny squeal when he unconsciously moved, pulling your body against his. The closeness allowed you to feel his heartbeat, and you could've sworn you felt something going on in his lower region as well.

Gulping, you moved your head a bit back and looked at his face. The bed you both laid on sat beside a window, and the early suns rays poured into the room, giving Link's hair a lovely glow. It also highlighted his alluring features and for a moment, you gawked over them. The intimate moment you were experiencing made you smile as you traced circles on his blue tunic. He looks so handsome, you thought. You would've continued commenting mentally on his appearance, but you stopped when he began to fumble around and groan quietly.

"Link?" You whispered, carefully running your hand up his chest and to his hair. Your fingertips brushed his scalp gently as you stared at him. You didn't expect a response, but when the boy slowly opened his eyes to reveal his striking blue orbs, you blushed.

"What time is it?" Link mumbled in a husky morning voice. He stretched his arms out for a moment before placing them back around your waist again. He didn't seem to realise the closeness of your bodies, nor the feeling of your legs wrapped around his. He pressed his head against his hood again and looked at your face, half-smiling when the sun illuminated your eyes, nose, cheeks, and lips.

Seeing as he did not comment on the current intimacy, you decided to shrug it off and run your hands down his neck, moving them back to his muscular chest. "I don't know. But if the sun is hitting us then it must be pretty early," you figured, your eyes moving to look out the window. The glass was covered with small droplets of water, which were left there from the rain. You yawned and flickered your eyes back to the staring boy. "We should probably get up."

Link shook his head and tightened his hold on you. "No," he pouted. "I want to rest."

"You hate resting," you grinned and poked his nose with your finger. "Anytime I tell you to rest you tell me no."

"Well that's when I'm hurt and I don't have a choice," he explained, smiling when you poked him. "But now that I have a choice, I choose to rest." His hand gently ran up the small of your back as he gazed into your eyes for a few moments. It was then that realisation struck. He felt his heart thump loudly when his mind began to comprehend just how close you were to him. Your entire body pressed against his and knowing this made his pale cheeks burn as he finally decided to move just a tad away.

You almost whined when he scooted away, but you kept the sound in. "Hmm, well you go ahead and rest them," you said. You slowly unwrapped your legs from his and moved away from him. Almost instantly you felt the loss of warmth, which caused you to shiver. You rubbed your arms and then turned your body, having your feet touch the cold ground as you stretch your arms out. It was the best feeling, extending your body early in the morning. You smiled and got ready to stand until you felt Link's hand grab your wrist.

"Aw no, don't get up," he whined. He would've pulled you back in, but his head started to pound out of nowhere. He hissed quietly, pressing his eyes closed as the headache lasted a long while before disappearing.

You looked over your shoulder, frowning when you saw his squinting face. "Does your head still hurt?" You asked, extending your hand out to touch his cheek gently.

"Little bit," he sighed, but quickly perked up when an idea popped into his head. "Do you know what would make me feel better?"

"What?" You inquired sweetly, keeping your hand on his cheek as you waited for his answer.