Chapter 24

(Y/n). Your name rang in Link's head as he looked around. He had no idea where he was, or what he was doing but the minute he saw a spear being thrown at him, he knew. His eyes widened and in a split second he pulled out his shield, blocking a Lizalfos feeble attempt at killing him. His eyes shot up from behind his metal shield... and what he saw struck him with admiration.

You fought ahead of him, twirling your body and sword with so much grace it made time stop. His mouth gaped open as he watched you attack the monsters that laid in front, and he couldn't help but half-smile at the amazing skills you portrayed. He would've stayed there, behind his shield to continue gawking over you, but when you whipped your head around and sent him a playful glare he came back to his senses.

"Are you just going to stand there and not help me?" You asked as you effortlessly pierced one of the remaining Lizalfos stomachs. You then drew your sword out and moved your attention to the new wave of monsters. Twirling your blade around your hand, you glanced back at him and jerked your head toward the creatures. "Well?"

Link smirked and quickly hooked his shield to the belt on his back. "I'm sure you could take care of these stupid monsters on your own," he said as he hurried to your side while unsheathing his shiny sword.

"You're absolutely correct, but," you held up a finger and put your sword away before drawing out your bow and arrow. "I prefer fighting with you by my side." You raised your bow and kept both eyes peeled on the silver Bokoblin that prepared to attack you. You, however, didn't give him the chance. You curled your fingers around the feathery arrow and once you had a clear shot of the creatures head, you let go. The arrow went whooshing toward the Bokoblin until finally meeting its head.

Link stared at the monster that now laid on the ground before looking at you. He was completely amazed by your archery skills, but before he could even stutter out a sentence to express his admiration, you looked at him with your fiery (e/c) eyes. "Now," you breathed out as you strapped the bowstring over your shoulder. "Let's defeat these monsters."

•••

Link's eyes shot open. He looked at the blue sky with an arched eyebrow. Was that... a dream? He very slowly propped himself up with his elbows and gazed around him intently. There were no monsters, no fight going on. This assured him that what he had seen was a dream, but as he thought about it, he noticed that you weren't there. Where is she? He looked at the blankets beside him and blinked when he saw his Champion's tunic lying there. "I thought I left blood on it," he muttered as he grabbed the clean attire.

He spent quite a few seconds examining it, searching for rips that were there the day before, but he couldn't find them. Instead, he found sewn up parts in his tunic, which he figured you had done. A tiny smile appeared on his lips when you entered his mind and as he ran his fingers over the patched areas, he heard footsteps nearing. He looked up and smiled more when he saw you walking toward him. He made a move to get up, but his still healing wounds sent a pulse of pain to stop him from doing so.

You hummed to yourself as you looked down at your clean blue tunic. Link had stained it with his blood the day before, but you managed to clean it well. You wanted to put it on, but you decided to stay in your undershirt for the time being. As you raised your head, you saw Link sitting up. "Hey! You're awake," you gasped as you jogged over to him. You knelt by his side and placed your garment on the ground. "How did you sleep?"

Link looked into your eyes. In his dream, they lit like fire, but as he gazed into them now, he noticed how soft they appeared. "Me?" He asked subconsciously since he was too focused on the colour of your orbs and the way your iris would expand. He shook his head, snapping out of his trance before half-smiling. "Pretty good actually."