Chapter 8

In the morning, you had woken up early to make food for Link and yourself. You knew he would wake up hungry, so in order to save yourself from his begging for food, you decided to cook. He was still sleeping soundly, so you did your best on making very little noise as you made an omelet for the two of you. Once it was done you grabbed your omelet and ate it slowly, in order to appreciate the taste. As the smell of the food rose in the air, Link began to stir. He mumbled a few things before rubbing his eyes, which helped him wake up a tiny bit.

"Morning sleepyhead," you said with grin. You moved to his side and tilted your head to study his features. His eyes were half open, and there was a tiny bit of drool on the corner of his lips. You kept in a laugh as you started to shake him gently. "I made you food."

"Food?" Link asked in a husky morning voice. He sniffed and caught scent of the omelet you had made. This began to wake him up more, which made you snicker before offering him the well cooked egg. He slowly sat up and stretched, letting out a small groan as he did so. He then looked at the omelet you were offering and smiled. "Thank you." He took the food from your hands and immediately brought it to his mouth.

"You're welcome," you replied with a soft laugh. You enjoyed seeing him eat, but soon your eyes went to his golden coloured hair. "Oh dear god, your hair is a complete mess Link." Indeed, the boys hair was like a birds nest which made you laugh. Link, however, was very focused on the food he was stuffing into his mouth that he didn't pay attention to his messy hair.

"Hmph," he mumbled with a mouth full. "Can you fix it?" He looked at you as he continued eating. He would have done it himself, but the food was too tasty. "Please."

"Of course," you chuckled as you fumbled off the ground. Once you were standing behind him you came down on your knees and removed the blue hair tie he had. You decided to untangle his crazy blonde locks first before fixing it. As your fingers ran through strands of his hair, you couldn't help but gasp quietly at how soft it felt. You then shook your head and quickly began gathering pieces of his hair to make a small lower ponytail. Once you were done you stood back up.

"Thank you," Link said as he rolled his head back to look up at you. His eyes looked so big, and he appeared almost child-like which made you crack a smile.

"You're welcome. Now, seeing that you're done with your omelet we should start packing up, don't you think?" You said as you put your hands on your hips. You didn't wait for him to respond. Instead, you walked over to your things and quickly began to put everything away. "You said it would take a few weeks to get to Kakariko Village, so let's get going."

Link nodded and got up from the ground. He dusted his clothes while helping you out and once you were done he took out his Sheikah Slate. His eyes scanned the long path that was displayed on the screen before glancing over at you. "Ready?" He asked you with a soft smile. You nodded as a response and then the two of you made your way through the path that led out the peaks.

The two of you stayed quiet as you walked, which you didn't mind at all. Silence between the two of you was not all awkward, compared to the first few times. If anything, it was comfortable and you came to enjoy the peacefulness that came with it. But as always, it didn't lost long.

Link kept his eyes on the road, though he rose his eyebrow when he heard noise coming from the left. He glanced to the source of the sound and spotted a camp filled with Bokoblins that rested on the other side of the peaks. Lucky for you two, the large river divided them from you. He snickered when the monsters noticed him and started to screech, but due to the water they couldn't get to you both.

"Are those Boko's?" You asked when you heard the annoying sounds they made.

"Yeah, and it looks like they're trying to get to us," Link answered with an amused tone. "But the current of the river isn't allowing them to."