Chapter 19

You tapped your fingers on your knee, trying to keep your nerves down as you sat with your back against a pillar. It had been an entire day since you last saw Link, and the faith you had in him was beginning to wither away. Unspeakable thoughts slithered their way into your mind and as much as you tried to keep them at bay, you failed. Worry was clear in your face and each time a Zora came to your side to ask if you were alright, you'd respond with a simple nod of your head. Of course, you could try occupying yourself, but you weren't exactly sure how to.

"Still no sign of him?" Sidon asked as he walked toward you slowly. He had taken notice of your worried state, and he hoped to be of some help.

"No," you sighed as you rubbed your neck. You hadn't moved from your spot since the morning, and you weren't exactly planning on moving anytime soon. Even hunger was not enough to lift you from the ground. You brought your hands to your lap and rested your head against the pillar you were sitting against. "Too much time has passed."

"It's only been a day. I'm sure Link is alright," the Zora said, wanting to reassure you that everything was alright.

You simply nodded and exhaled as you pulled together your tortured thoughts. "Yeah," you mumbled quietly. His words had little to no effect, but you appreciated his effort. You cocked your head up to look at him, sending him a tiny smile.

Prince Sidon smiled back before clearing his throat. "Now, instead of sitting around why don't you come with me?" He asked as he extended his hand out for you to take. "Some Zora children want to go for a swim. I say we join them."

You hesitated, flickering your eyes to his hand and eyes. The idea sounded great, but what if Link came back while you were away? What if he looked for you? You sighed and just as you were about to politely decline the invitation a few Zora children came running toward Sidon. "Prince Sidon! Prince Sidon! Laruta said you were coming with us to the lake?" A young Zora boy asked. There was a sparkle in his eyes as he gazed at the Prince and you couldn't help but find it adorable. The little Zora then directed his golden eyes to you. "Is she coming along?"

"Yes that's correct," Sidon affirmed the young Zora's first words, but when the boy asked if you were coming he paused and glanced at you.  He gave you a look that indicated he wanted you to respond to the question.

You sighed and then mustered a sweet smile. "Yes," you responded as you took Prince Sidon's hand. The Prince grinned and hoisted you up from the ground before leading you toward a bridge. You hesitantly looked back at where you were sitting as a wave of concern washed over you. It felt wrong to go off, but you snapped away from this when the little Zora began to speak.

"This'll be fun! I've never spent time with a Hylian before!" The young Zora boy exclaimed as he skipped by your side. He looked up at you with the widest smile ever. "I'm Keye!" He beamed happily, playfully kicking a bit of water that was on the floor. He moved his head up to look at you with a cheery face.

"Keye? You have a very unique name, I love it," you commented while sending him a smile. "I'm (Y/n)."

"Ooh, you have a pretty name," Keye said with a cute giggle. The little boy started to hum a small tune as Sidon and you walked. You gazed upon your new surroundings after having crossed the bridge that led to a large lake. The pool of water rested not too far from you, but from where you stood you could hear the playful sounds of children swimming around and enjoying themselves.

"Do they come here often?" You asked, watching as Keye ran to his friends quickly. You grinned and glanced at the Prince.

"Not really. But ever since the weather cleared they have been," he answered, smiling as he observed the Zora children jump into the lake with laughter. He hummed in amusement and looked around before speaking up once again. "But we have to be careful. Some monsters may lurk around." Sidon started to stride toward the lake, though he kept looking around to make sure no creatures were near. When you noticed this you rose your head and went to his side.