Chapter 15

You rose very early in the morning, but not by choice. There was an uncomfortable feeling coursing through your throat, and anytime you tried to swallow a scratchy sensation would make you twist in pain. But this wasn't the only problem. Anytime you took a breath, your chest would tighten and pulse in discomfort. This made you groan, and so you tried to wake up to figure out what was going on, but your eyelids were weighed down.

You slowly brought your hands up to your eyes and rubbed them, hoping it would take away the heavy feeling. It helped and allowed you to open your eyes, but when you tried to sit up from your bed violent shivers started to run up and down your back. You hissed, quickly grabbing your blanket in hopes of getting warmed up. But it didn't help. Your shivers turned into intense trembling, and this caught the attention of a young man.

"Miss, are you alright?" The boy asked with concern, taking slow steps towards you.

"I-I'm fine," you spoke, but your voice was merely a whisper. You tried to clear your throat, but doing so worsened the scratchy feeling. This caused you to start coughing, which made breathing painful. When the young man saw this he rushed to your side and started to pat your back with widened eyes.

"No miss, you're not," he said, eyebrows knitted together. He leaned in and placed the back of his hand against your forehead. "You have a cold."

You sucked air between gritted teeth, flinching as you swatted his hand away. "I'm not cold." Your voice was raspy, and the simple act of talking seemed to strain it. This irritated you greatly, so you began to clear your throat, although it only provoked more pain. You steadily raised your hand to your neck, rubbing it gently when you could internally feel how sore it was.

The young man sighed and straightened his back. "Were you out in the rain last night?" He questioned, removing the large backpack he had on him while he spoke.

"Yes...," you answered with a shiver. You hugged your blanket tightly, trying to feel some type of heat but none came. However, feeling warm was the last thing on your mind because when you turned to look at the bed beside yours, your eyes widened. "Where's Link?!" You asked a bit loudly, though the sudden use of your voice made you wince.

"The guy who was sleeping there?" The young man gestured towards the bed with his head. "He left a few minutes ago. Not sure why." The boy shrugged and began to take out a few ingredients from his bag, placing them all on the ground.

Discovering this made you frown. He just left? You shook your head and started to fumble off the bed. Or attempt to. Your body felt weak, and the second you tried to use it, you weren't able to. "I need to go find him," you murmured, but when you stood your knees buckled, causing you to plop back down on your bed.

"I don't think that's a good idea. You are in no condition to travel," the boy advised as he helped you lay on the mattress again. "You need to rest."

"No, no, I can't rest," you spoke briskly, "I need to find my partner." There was a worried appearance dawning over you and though you felt dreadful physically, the responsibility of looking out for Link outweighed your sickness. You tried to sit up, but violent shivers took over your body. You hissed again, trembling as a mixed feeling of cold and heat coursed through your limbs. Beads of sweat started to form on your forehead, and when the boy saw this he scowled.

"You have to miss," the young man repeated in a firm tone. "Please, rest as I make you a bowl of soup."

You sighed, wanting to protest, but there was no point. You slowly lowered your head on a pillow, fidgeting nervously with your fingers. When the boy saw that he had succeeded, he started to collect the ingredients from the ground. "I recommend you sleep for now. I'll wake you once I am done with the soup," the man affirmed with a friendly smile. Your eyes locked with his hazel ones, and as a response, you nodded.