Chapter 3

The next morning, you woke up naturally before the break of dawn. The air was cold, which made every part of you shiver, but as the sun slowly began to rise the shivers went away. You stretched a bit, a small groan escaping your lips as you did so. You looked around you for a few moments, your stomach grumbling slightly, but you didn't pay much mind to it. Instead, you got up, seeing that Link was still sleeping, and went to a small pond that didn't lay that far from where you both were resting.

Wanting to wake yourself up more, you scooped up some of the cold water from the pond and splashed it on your face. The action made goosebumps appear on your skin, but it instantly washed away any form of sleepiness that was on your face. Now that you were freshened up, you went towards Link, who was still enjoying his sleep. Deciding to be a good person, you let him rest and went off to find any nearby fruit to eat since there seemed to be nothing else but that in the Great Plateau. As you walked around aimlessly, you spotted a few mushrooms growing near some trees.

You quickly began gathering as many as you could before going back to where Link was. When you got there and saw that he was still sleeping you shook your head. How has he not woken up yet? Shrugging away the thought you began to start a fire. You weren't sure how to cook the mushrooms, but you decided to give it a go. You grabbed a stick that was nearby and began to pierce the mushrooms, making a sort of skewer. After roasting the mushrooms over the fire for a couple of minutes you brought it close to you and looked at it. The smell that came from it was certainly desirable. In fact, it made your mouth water. Just as you were about to take a bite from the mushrooms Link began to wake up.

You put the skewer down to look at him, hearing sniffing noises come from him as well. Immediately he sat up, as if he had been awake the entire time. His bright blue eyes quickly made their way to the food that was in your hands.

"What is that?" He asked, eyes remaining on the food. "It smells so good."

"Well good morning to you too," you said, smiling as you rolled your eyes. "I'm thinking of calling it a mushroom skewer." You noticed how he just kept looking at it, so you figured he was hungry.

"Here, you can have it. I'll just make myself another one," you said, giving it to him before grabbing another stick to put the fresh mushrooms in.

"Thank you (Y/n)," Link said, a wide smile now placed on his lips. You simply smiled back, directing your attention to your food since the rumble in your stomach was getting more annoying. Link wiggled a bit on the ground, taking big bites out of the mushrooms before finishing it all in a matter of seconds. This made you laugh as you finished making your own skewer. He seemed satisfied, which was good since you both had a long day ahead of you. As you began taking a few bites out of the food you heard footsteps nearing. You weren't surprised to see the Old Man when you turned around. If anything you were expecting him to appear.

"I see you two have had breakfast already," the Old Man said, his hands resting at the top of his stick.

"Would you like some?" You asked politely, now getting on your feet. Link followed your action, though he seemed to stumble over something, luckily he was able to prevent a fall.

"Oh, no thank you, my dear, I would not want to waste your time. Now then, seeing that you are both well-rested and fed, you can continue the search for the next three shines!" The Old Man exclaimed.

"Uh... about that," Link said with a questionable tone. He started rubbing the side of his neck. "Where are they exactly? I don't see any around here."

"Ah! Well, it is always best to survey the area by looking around from a high point, rather than here on the ground. Hmm...," the Old Man began to stroke his beard in thought. He then nodded and gestured towards the Great Plateau Tower with his stick. "Why don't you make your way over to the tower?"