Chapter 22

"Please," Link whined as he pouted his lips. He handed you his blue hair tie and cutely knitted his eyebrows.

You groaned and moved your arm over your eyes. It was very early in the morning and although you were used to Link waking up to pester you about things, you weren't exactly in the mood. "I'm too lazy and sleepy to fix your hair," you grumbled, rolling a bit to your side. "Besides, it's not such a hard thing to do Link."

"But I like it when you do my hair." The boy pestered, tilting his head to the side to see your hidden face. He kept pouting, only this time he brought a hand to your arm and forced it down so you could see his pleading look.

You huffed and looked at him with an annoyed face. "Will you let me sleep if I do?"

Link grinned and nodded. "I'll let you sleep as long as you want." He lifted one hand and pressed his other over his heart. "I swear."

You rolled your eyes and propped yourself up with your elbows. "Alright, come here." You sat up straight and rubbed your face with a yawn. You extended your hand out and grabbed his hair tie with a sleepy face. "Turn around."

He happily obeyed and turned so his messy hair was facing you. He started to hum in pleasure when he felt your fingers run down his scalp. "That feels good," Link mumbled as his eyes fluttered close. He leaned into the feeling, and without wanting to his back started to press against your chest. His head began to rock slightly with each stroke you did and this he was well aware of.

"Hmm, well could you stop moving? I'm trying to finish this cause I want to sleep," you muttered, playfully smacking his shoulder. You smiled a bit at his action and once he stopped moving you began to pull his dirty blonde hair back. You started to tie it all in place, but Link decided to lean forward, causing his hair to slip through your fingers.

"Actually, can you stroke my hair?" He asked, turning a bit to look at you.

You dropped your hands on your lap and grumbled. "Oh come on. First, you wanted me to do your hair and now you want me to play with it?" Normally, you wouldn't mind this. After all, his hair was perhaps the softest thing on the planet. However, the fatigue feeling inside of you yearned for rest, and even though the boy looked at you with pleading eyes, you refused to give in. "Nu-huh, I'm going back to sleep." You put his blue hair tie on his lap and started to fix yourself into your bed, but Link stopped you by grabbing your forearms.

"Please (Y/n)," Link practically begged. "It's so relaxing."

"Well, I don't care. I'm tired."

The boy let out a tiny whine and released you from his grasp. "You're mean," he mumbled as he crossed his arms. He looked like a grumpy little child, but he didn't care. He just wanted you to play with his hair.

"Oh hush." You laid back down and curled into a ball. You grabbed your blanket and hugged it tightly with a small sigh. "Now how about you lay down and sleep? I'll play with your hair once I'm well-rested."

Link huffed and reluctantly laid down on his covers. He looked up at a tree branch you were both sleeping under and after a few seconds passed he spoke up. "I'm not tired." He turned his body to the side, propped himself up on one elbow and rested his cheek on his hand. His eyes scanned your sleeping face before pouting. He desperately wanted to wake you and have you play with his hair, but he refrained himself from doing so. And so, he laid back down on his side and kept staring at you.

"Link, I can seriously feel you looking at me," you muttered as you opened one eye to peek at him.

"Well if you won't play with my hair then I have to keep myself entertained in some way."